Looking at the SYM 300i

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Looking at the SYM 300i

Post by Sylar »

Since I got rid.of the Burgman400 last year, I find I really miss a little runaround. The Silveerwig 600 is great for most things,but, I miss just having a quick run out, without getting all geared up. I have been looking at smaller scoots and watched a couple of videos on you tube. The Burgman was okay but I couldn't stretch my legs.Has anyone bought a SYM 300?

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Re: Looking at the SYM 300i

Post by poldark »

If it's only as a local runaround why not stick to a 125, you can't beat an SH125.

I got mine for £650 six years ago and it's peanuts to run, 1 litre of oil every 2400 miles (no filter), £17 tax, naff all extra insurance on a multi-bike policy if you've got the Silverwing, cheap tyres, 100 mpg and if you want a bit more ooomph just fit DR Pulley sliders.
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Sylar wrote: I find I really miss a little runaround. The Silverwig 600 is great for most things,but, I miss just having a quick run out, without getting all geared up.
Er....have you arranged with the almighty not have accidents on local trips? My accident that hurt the most was at 10mph...

wilsonsteve
Benefactor

Post by wilsonsteve »

MrGrumpy wrote:
Sylar wrote: I find I really miss a little runaround. The Silverwig 600 is great for most things,but, I miss just having a quick run out, without getting all geared up.
Er....have you arranged with the almighty not have accidents on local trips? My accident that hurt the most was at 10mph...
^^^^^^^ This. As with Mr G, my most painful off was at very low speed.

Sylar

Post by Sylar »

I hear what you say MrGrumpy, any bumps I have had have been at low speeds. I still want a bit of grunt in my second bike, top speed on the 300 is said to be ninety seven, and the underseat storage looks impressive. I am not really bothered about running costs. I just like something a bit different to anyone else. Even on a local run I still have gloves, boots and proper jacket.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Sylar wrote:Has anyone bought a SYM 300?
Sylar you don’t say which model of Sym you are interested in - anyway I previously owned a Sym Citycom 300i - the quality was good - the economy was good - the handling was good - good turn of acceleration though it wouldn’t do above 90 - it was a very comfortable scooter and the standard fitted screen was excellent - I’d definitely consider buying the Sym brand again

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

I like a lot of the SYM models, and I recon they are up there with the japs for quality, my only nark is that the exhausts seem to deteriorate very quickly , even if looked after.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Agree Sym underestimated. Only gripe I had with my Sym's was the speedometer. MPH very awkward to read as the numbers were tiny compared to the KPH numbers.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

iv'e had the sym gts250 an the gts300 both excellent scoots. 8-) , mark is right about the exhausts i resprayed my a few times ...resale was my biggest problem . nobody wanted to buy it in :o . they all said it's not from japan :geek: so were not really interested. even against a new bike ..
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

Sylar

Post by Sylar »

Bit confusing really, I went to a local dealer today. sat on the 300! and next to it was the 300 cruiSYM. More leg room on the cruis. I don't like this dealer(only visited because he had bikes in stock) so did not ask any questions. There does not seem to be any paperwork/leaflets on these scoots. After buying a bike I rarely visit the dealer again, preferring to do any work myself,and usually keeping a bike for years,so not bothered about resale or trade in.