Any previous owners of a White Max reg number T500 Yam on here?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Taipan
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC700X DCT Tmax mk2

Any previous owners of a White Max reg number T500 Yam on here?

Post by Taipan »

Morning All.

Thinking of returning to the world of Maxi Scoots and have seen a white max with a personal plate, T500 Yam on it. Just sneaking round the internet to trying to find out any history on it and wondered f anyone on here had owned it?

Anything to look out for on Mk3 Tmaxes?

Many thanks

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Any previous owners of a White Max reg number T500 Yam on here?

Post by MrGrumpy »

Gosh! What a Reg Number! Worth as as much as the scoot to some people!
Only real problem I remember with my mk3 Tmas was the radiator (or specifically a pipe that was part of the radiator) sprung a leak -twice - and the whole radiator had to be refurbished.

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Post by tmaxrobbo »

Fuel pumps can fail erratically. Cam chain adjusters can fail but less so than mk 2 . Otherwise one of the nicest t max’s

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

I know there was a TMAX 500 one but thats it.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Aaron
Current Ride: Yamaha Tmax Tech Max 2022

Post by Aaron »

I've got TMAX 1 on mine

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

Did you have a look online at the check mot service?
T500 had an mot 20th June 2017 then they took it for another mot 2 weeks later?
Not sure why they'd do that if it passed ok first time.
And it's got a noisy exhaust. I hope it isn't a mivv. My hearing hasn't recovered from following Steve M's a few years ago. :lol:

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

Lol, yes it is a MIVV. I didn't think it was too loud, but it did have the baffle in. It had a sensor thing done as some had a starting issue when hot, which is apparently a "known issue"?

It has a Malossi variator fitted as well, but the didn't reset the vbelt light, so I need to get that done/do it myself? I seem to recall you could do it yourself on my MK1s?

Anyway, it looked and sounded lovely and I bought it. Pick it up friday night. I'll bore you all with some photos on saturday.! ;)

Thanks for all the replies.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Taipan wrote:It has a Malossi variator fitted as well, but the didn't reset the vbelt light, so I need to get that done/do it myself? I seem to recall you could do it yourself on my MK1s?
Resetting the variator light on mk1s is a bit odd, as there is a plug and socket deep in the works that have to be disconnected or something, which need to be done whilst you are working. I think the rest can be done on the dashboard...though it was a while since I had a mk2!

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

MrGrumpy wrote:
Taipan wrote:It has a Malossi variator fitted as well, but the didn't reset the vbelt light, so I need to get that done/do it myself? I seem to recall you could do it yourself on my MK1s?
Resetting the variator light on mk1s is a bit odd, as there is a plug and socket deep in the works that have to be disconnected or something, which need to be done whilst you are working. I think the rest can be done on the dashboard...though it was a while since I had a mk2!
I remember now you say that. They had a litle jumper lead under one of the side panels, you had to unplug and turn the ignition on or suchlike? On the MK3 I think this is the procedure?

NOTE:
This indicator flashes every 20000 km (12500mi) when the V-belt needs to be replaced. After changing the V-belt, reset the V-belt change indicator. To reset the V-belt change indicator, select it by pushing the “SELECT” button until “V-BELT Trip” is displayed, and then push the “RESET” button at least 1 second.

When pushing the “RESET” button, “V-BELT Trip” starts flashing. While “V-BELT Trip” is flashing, push the “RESET” button for at least 3 seconds.
If the V-belt is changed before the V-belt change indicator “V-BELT” flashes (i.e. before the periodic V-belt change interval has been reached),
the indicator “V-BELT” must be reset after the V-belt change for the next periodic V-belt change to be indicated at the correct time.

The electrical circuit of the indicator can be checked according to the following procedure.
1. Turn the key to “ON” and make sure that the engine stop switch is set to “ ”.
2. If the V-belt change indicator does not come on, check the electrical circuit.
Refer to “SIGNALING SYSTEM” on page 8-19.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

The starting when hot issues was fixed if you replaced the pump on MK3's
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...