Anyone running a Malossi LAMBDA emulator?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Taipan
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC700X DCT Tmax mk2

Anyone running a Malossi LAMBDA emulator?

Post by Taipan »

I've bought one anyway, but wondered if anyone else has one and how much of a difference it made? Are you pleased with it? Would you bother again?

For those that have never heard of one, here is a handy translated product description! :lol:

PRODUCT INFORMATION:
Still optimise carburetion and transitional performance we recommend the use of O2 controller.
In the bikes of past generations the electronic box, thanks to the Lambda probe, is able to correct the amount of fuel that must be injected so that the fuel is constant even during the phase of closed loop.
O2 controller allows you to totally control the carburation, to obtain an optimal air/fuel ratio.
The lambda emulator Malossi is a device capable of simulating the signals of the lambda probe that the original case expects to receive.
In this way the lambda probe of origin is used to get the optimal carburetion, without the electronic original case reports of errors.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Re: Anyone running a Malossi LAMBDA emulator?

Post by kayz1 »

Snake oil, all they do is make the ECU think the motor is a tad colder that it is, and enrich the mixture a little. Watch your tick over when the motor is real hot, with a CVT it can make the slow run far too high and make the bike creep when stopped..

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

As I suggested before, I'd take the TMax back to standard and get it working as it should, then add new kit and get them working one at a time. Otherwise you're just adding more and more things that may well make it worse.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

At a guess the purpose of this device is that, if you also have a tuning box which overrides the standard fueling, the device will fool the closed loop system so that it won't know that it is running richer, and therefore will not cause an engine warning light or force the system into limp-home mode ( if it has one). So on its own it will do very little.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

kayz1 wrote:Snake oil, all they do is make the ECU think the motor is a tad colder that it is, and enrich the mixture a little. Watch your tick over when the motor is real hot, with a CVT it can make the slow run far too high and make the bike creep when stopped..
Thought might be what it was! Its what XT660 amd KTM owners know as the "Kev mod". It just fattens up the standard a/f ratio on the standard map. Better than risking running lean, which is a concern of mine with the MIVV and DNA, but obviously no where near as good as a remap.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

icon_power-ranger.gif icon_thumbs_up.gif

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

I finally put this on last week and it does have better throttle response at higher revs, but with a CVT is hard to tell about throttle response at lower speeds as the transmission varies. Economy seems to have dropped a bit, which of course is to be expected. So at least I know with the DNA filter and mivv system on, its fattened up the a/f ratio across the board which should be a positive thing. So I guess I can recommened it over teh dange rof running lean, but not as something that you'd say , wow does my bike run better with it on, if you see what I mean...

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

A malossi force master is totally required on the GTS with the Malossi 282cc big bore upgrade otherwise you can't get them to run right. It gives a totally new performance map, well actually several maps for you to choose from. A basic tuning box can be useful but not really required if you haven't fitted performance parts.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...