T max 17 or 18

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
ridinhigh
Current Ride: GTS 300

T max 17 or 18

Post by ridinhigh »

Hi lads, whats difference between a 2017 and 2018 T Max both brand new .
But a difference in price looking at the scooters in CMC bikes
Keith

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: T max 17 or 18

Post by MrGrumpy »

Tricky!!! In theory, nothing at all - no changes that I'm aware of between 2017 & 2018 models. My first guess is that the '2017' model isn't actually a 2017 model but an unregistered 2016 model (in other words a mk5 rather than mk6). Yamaha do seem to have a large stock of previous versions to sell off 'cheap' every time a new version comes out.

ridinhigh
Current Ride: GTS 300

Post by ridinhigh »

Looks like I,ll going for 2018 one then ,because it might make a difference in money if in decide to sell it at a future date,mindv you ive not bought it yet, might have settle for the 400 if I find weight of big one heavy.

Is their any way of telling year of bike?
Keith

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Ridinhigh - Keith - if you are in the fortunate position to buy a brand new T Max I doubt whether any genuine Yamaha dealer will try to sell you an obsolete model - if you can produce the cash and you desire a 2018 model then tell the dealer accordingly - if you choose a 2017 model then the dealer will obviously give you some form of discount - as regards the weight of any particular bike then consult the Yamaha website

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Symcity wrote:Ridinhigh - Keith - if you are in the fortunate position to buy a brand new T Max I doubt whether any genuine Yamaha dealer will try to sell you an obsolete model - if you can produce the cash and you desire a 2018 model then tell the dealer accordingly - if you choose a 2017 model then the dealer will obviously give you some form of discount - as regards the weight of any particular bike then consult the Yamaha website
seriously you put that much faith in a stealer. He will try yo offload old stock first especially as he can sell 17 MY bought at 17MY price for 18MY money.

MY/production can be located by frame numbers as I recall

However most buyers look at the reg plate not the production numbers. Get old stock discounted it's not as if they brought out a raft of exciting colour changes

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

ridinhigh wrote: Is their any way of telling year of bike?
Keith
Do you mean in a documentary sense, or visually? Visually, there are lots of little differences, but the bigger differences are that the mk6 17-18 model has smaller more aggressive headlights and a narrower drive belt. Both have USD forks.