burger 400

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
ridinhigh
Current Ride: GTS 300

Re: burger 400

Post by ridinhigh »

If it performs as good as my EVO did, then i.ll have no complaints

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

It will I assure you. I had one (2012 abs limited edition model) for 5 years. Cruising at 70mph is a doddle. Engine under no stress! You will love it. They just go and go. ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

i'm on my 4th burgman . A 650 which i got knocked off , write off. an 3 400's. currently have the new shape . i too would have liked a T-max but for me personally i was on tiptoes to touch the floor. so no good. recently sat on a new 650 burgman an although seemed very nice an comfy for me . the good lady said the seat on the back was way to wide for her , as she is only 5ft tall . plus read up on service costs. :o ..i was gob smacked how much the thing costs to run..something i hadn't had to think about on my first as didn't have it long enough before it got twatted by an old lady . but the new 400 is not as comfy as the older ones , looking at some options for no numb bum touring . sheep skin covers being my first try.. got one on order . :idea: is there actually a comfy seat on a motorcycle / scooter :?: . i noticed the X-max 400 has a comfort seat as an option, WFT is that about just put it on as standard . nobody want's to buy a bike ,then have to buy another seat so they can ride further than the local shops on it .. :lol:
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

do you have a link for where the sheepskin cover is coming from Andy??
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

I know what you mean about seats. I had a Bonne-vile and the seat was nothing short of a plank. The very best m/c seats I've sat on belonged to BMW's. I took a R1150RT out on a test run of around 100 miles and it was comfier that a sofa. I owned a R1150R for a few years and that was the same. Absolutely spot on comfort. There really is no excuse for a carp seat with the ''comfort'' option on the accessory list at great cost.

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

horobags wrote:do you have a link for where the sheepskin cover is coming from Andy??
Mark, message Lee IIRC he has one
Have wheels, will travel :D

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

The Bern wrote:
horobags wrote:do you have a link for where the sheepskin cover is coming from Andy??
Mark, message Lee IIRC he has one
I made one of these from an old rug we had kicking around. Just tied some elastic into some holes and trimmed it to fit. It's nice, stops a lot or arse sweat in summer.

caecilius
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by caecilius »

I've got the new 400 and have just completed the 600 miles service so i can now open up the throttle a bit more. It's not as sprightly in acceleration off the line as my previous Piaggio Beverly was, but then it's heavier and has 30 PS as opposed to 33. But the acceleration is certainly more than adequate for passing on the motorway and 70mph plus feels rock solid and comfortable.

Brakes very good with the double disc at the front and a highly effective rear. Great storage space - my large full face helmet with a SENA on the side fits under the seat - it wouldn't on the Beverly. I'm loving the handbrake - didn't realise how practical it would be. Twin LED headlights are cool.

Cornering is very easy - with the Beverly the whole cockpit turned with the handlebars and it felt very cumbersome in comparison. Fuel consumption currently 4.1 per 100/km (70mpg) - Beverly 3.7.

The option to put your feet up when riding is also very welcome. Amazingly comfortable for touring and useful for stretching the back.