Oh bugger, what happened here

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Oh bugger, what happened here

Post by The Bern »

..... The forum http://www.silverwing600.com doesn't exist..... was working this morning, wonder what happened :? :?
Have wheels, will travel :D

burgerman
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda FJS600 Silverwing

Re: Oh bugger, what happened here

Post by burgerman »

Still not working - has JeffR pulled the plug on it?
As I grow older, my mind doesn't just wander......sometimes it buggers off completely!!
You can't avoid growing up, but you can be immature all your life!

JeffR
Current Ride: CTX700

Post by JeffR »

Someone was upset that I closed off membership to the site. He just happened to be a computer expert and then "cloned" my site. I went on today and logged in and then when I tried to go back on an hour ago or so, it says my stie doesn't exist. I have no clue how anyone can just 'clone' a site when it isn't his. But he has the exact same site as mine. But he is somekind of computer Network expert and now my site doesn't exist.

He bought a SWing for $700 and wanted to join my site to get info and when he found out I closed it off to new members he was mad. He said it isn't 'right' that someone like me can do this. I was planning on keeping it open to the existing members but with all the complaining going on I decided to close it off and get rid of the complainers. But somehow the site doesn't exist anymore. Not sure how he could do this....if he indeed did this..but I also have no clue on how just anyone can 'clone' a site that is not his. I will try to get it back but i'm not sure where to even start.

But for those on this site that went to my site...If I can not get it back up, I would like to thank all of you for all of the years of being a member. It was fun and many, ,many ups and a few downs. But hopefully I can figure out how my site was deleted.

Thanks,

JeffR
Thanks,

JeffR
2014 CTX700 DCT
2007 Honda Silver Wing (sold)
2005 Yamaha Majesty (sold)
2004 Honda Reflex

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Thanks for the info Jeff, let's hope whatever has happened is reversable, but if not, thanks to you & your team for all the years of time & effort you all put in to making a great site.

ATB Bern
Have wheels, will travel :D

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

JeffR wrote:Someone was upset that I closed off membership to the site. He just happened to be a computer expert and then "cloned" my site. I went on today and logged in and then when I tried to go back on an hour ago or so, it says my stie doesn't exist. I have no clue how anyone can just 'clone' a site when it isn't his. But he has the exact same site as mine. But he is somekind of computer Network expert and now my site doesn't exist.

He bought a SWing for $700 and wanted to join my site to get info and when he found out I closed it off to new members he was mad. He said it isn't 'right' that someone like me can do this. I was planning on keeping it open to the existing members but with all the complaining going on I decided to close it off and get rid of the complainers. But somehow the site doesn't exist anymore. Not sure how he could do this....if he indeed did this..but I also have no clue on how just anyone can 'clone' a site that is not his. I will try to get it back but i'm not sure where to even start.

But for those on this site that went to my site...If I can not get it back up, I would like to thank all of you for all of the years of being a member. It was fun and many, ,many ups and a few downs. But hopefully I can figure out how my site was deleted.

Thanks,

JeffR
Hi Jeff, you should be able to retrieve your site, I believe its possible he has hacked the server your site is on and changed settings so it no longer functions. He has committed a crime by doing this and Forumotion might be interested in taking him to court.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

What funky says ^^^

Jeff, there are some complete 'arses' about. Sorry to hear this has happened. If we can help you shove one up his 'ar*se' please let us all know. :(
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

We seemed to be attracting the "wrong" sort of people on the Silverwing site in recent months. Making petty and argumentative comments. One of the reasons Jeff R closed the site I believe. If this idiot got so easily offended,and was so nasty as to deny anyone else access to the site it shows that Jeff R was correct. I hope the site can be restored, but, if not, I would thank Jeff R for all the advice and knowledge I have gained from being on the site for the last eight years. (old Limey).

sad vampire
Current Ride: NC750 DCT+Aprilia Atlantic 500

Post by sad vampire »

I hope Jeff R gets his site back, I'm not a member but have benefitted from reading many of the posts on the site.

steve_h80
Current Ride: silverwing 600

Post by steve_h80 »

I hope you can get it back Jeff, it's a good site.
As said above you've been subjected to an illagal activity, let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
... Lets nail the bugger!!!

JeffR
Current Ride: CTX700

Post by JeffR »

Funcycowie,

I sent you a PM. Please read if you have time.

Thanks,

Jeff

Funkycowie wrote:
JeffR wrote:Someone was upset that I closed off membership to the site. He just happened to be a computer expert and then "cloned" my site. I went on today and logged in and then when I tried to go back on an hour ago or so, it says my stie doesn't exist. I have no clue how anyone can just 'clone' a site when it isn't his. But he has the exact same site as mine. But he is somekind of computer Network expert and now my site doesn't exist.

Thanks,

JeffR
Hi Jeff, you should be able to retrieve your site, I believe its possible he has hacked the server your site is on and changed settings so it no longer functions. He has committed a crime by doing this and Forumotion might be interested in taking him to court.
Thanks,

JeffR
2014 CTX700 DCT
2007 Honda Silver Wing (sold)
2005 Yamaha Majesty (sold)
2004 Honda Reflex