Foresight at 80

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Re: Foresight at 80

Post by Jimo »

Motzza, - Sunshine Coast sounds like Clacton.... Before retirement I lived in Blackheath, S.E. London for 60+ years, been up here 13, beautiful area sharing the sunshine. New? Scoot arrives on the morrow afore the noon. First job tax, then fit extra goodies - GiVi screen & Honda Backrest, we'll meet soon - sure!

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

My two Foresight scoots were delivered at 08.15 on Tuesday morning, good that one was for spare parts (although good engine and running) the good scoot had a broken seam on the seat so I changed it for that on the 'spares' machine which is perfect but just needing a clean, the new OEM Honda Backrest was fitted and paint to match was ordered....Halfords, who I last used for mixing auto paint said they no longer mix paint having found it unecconomical to do so, back to searching the web where I located a company in Ashton-under-lyne http://www.dhautopaintltd.co.uk who were more than willing to match paint with the colour code given, for my colour they recognised the code quickly as 'Honda's Candy Gory Red Metalic' needing a lacquer overspray, and have set about making a kit up for me. I found them a very helpful company.
The new GiVi windscreen arrived today so that's the next job for tomorrow. Taxing the scoot at the post office was a doddle - not so getting a SORN (from a different PO) for the spares bike, - the PO assistant had no idea what to do first saying I had to tax the machine then reclaim the tax and make a SORN, when told the bike had no MOT so couldn't be taxed she found an easy way out saying I had verbally abused her and refused to serve me any further. (I've never yet needed to 'abuse' or otherwise any shop assistant) so to save further agro I left the PO marking it to myself as extremely unhelpful.

Jim

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Easiest way to SORN the spares bike is to wait until the V5 is in your name & then do it online bud. When it's in your hand this is the page you need .... https://www.gov.uk/make-a-sorn
Have wheels, will travel :D

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

I did think of that as well but felt rather prone to being issued with a fine relating to the time 'off road' between notification, in the end I did complete a form and sent the lot off to DVLA - recon it should be back here within a couple of days now.
Fitted the GiVi windscreen today, very nice and millimetre perfect it is too giving plenty of hand protection. Just waiting for the paint to arrive for touching up a few small scrapes on front mudguard and couple of others.
I always like to have a shop manual for guidance and got a genuine Honda manual while waiting for the bikes delivery. Pleasant surprise for me was that lady wife was able to mount the bike and felt comfortable unlike the Burgman which she gave up on due to her small frame and weakness in the legs.

Jim

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

Hi Jimo, Nice looking scoot and what a wonderful part of the country you live in. I will be passing through Fakenham later today on my way to Wells-next sea where I have booked a pine cabin for a few days over the half term. Like Data and Motzza I also hail from Essex so maybe sometime in the new future us Essex boys will come up for a ride out with you and your good lady.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

Wonderful idea Roadrunner, look forward to it, the bike is now within an hour of readiness for the road, might take a tool around Wells for a looksee!

Jim

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Jimo wrote:Motzza, - Sunshine Coast sounds like Clacton.... Before retirement I lived in Blackheath, S.E. London for 60+ years, been up here 13, beautiful area sharing the sunshine. New? Scoot arrives on the morrow afore the noon. First job tax, then fit extra goodies - GiVi screen & Honda Backrest, we'll meet soon - sure!

Jim
Near enough. Wivenhoe, just outside Colchester.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

Mottza, appologies for earlier mis-spelling, completed a few odd jobs on the scoot today so if no rain tomorrow I'm out for a spin!
Years ago I remember driving through Colchester on the A12 but don't remember Wivenhoe, look forward to our meeting in due course.

Jim

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

Short 12 mile run on the Foresight today, first thing noticed was a shortness of legroom compared with either the Helix or the Burgman but just a matter of getting used to it, for just a few seconds I took hands off the bars to see what might happen....
The bike steered nicely straight and remained upright unlike my previous experience with the Helix. Suspension seemed a touch hard but was put down to the poor road surface and a few potholes but overall I was very pleased with the scoot, now look forward to getting the good lady wife on pillion for her verdict.

Jim

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

All this talk of North Norfolk makes me think I should have a ride over & visit my old neighbours in Brancaster 'one of these days'
Have wheels, will travel :D