New Honda large proper scooter ever ?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Re: New Honda large proper scooter ever ?

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

kayz1 wrote:I have just last week fitted the Lust Racing dog bones to my X-ADV. dropped the arse end 30mm ( i think ) front i dropped by 5mm on the forks and seems ok. Dead easy job to do only takes 20 mins even with re-greasing the pins/bearings..like a lot of manufacturers today they seem to think grease is no longer needed in bearings :D

Oh, I do love the looks and concept of the X-ADV Lyn, I ought to take one for a test ride and find out if I like the extra weight and power.

BTW, that little deflector is performing happily. I did have a minor mishap when one bolt holding the screen to the clamp fell out and the thing tried to fall off. I removed it however, for the trip and replaced the bolt later. It's been fine since. thumb.gif

Tim

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Good news Tim..no what you mean about the extra weight..is it me ( age thing ) or are all modern machines gaining Lbs around the middle like i seem to be doing :lol: you should take one out for a test ride, i think you need a couple of hours to get used t them.
Lyn.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

charles1976 wrote:Agreed dct was a great shout the new goldwing has 7 yes 7 speed Dct and in the main it's raved about! Xadv is in my radar but seat heights seem to be creeping up and up!!!
The xADV scooter also suffers from a poor rear end design that attracts dirt even on a dry day.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

I`m sure an updated Silverwing CVT Type machine would sell here and on the continent etc.

There is surely a market for a good large updated proper type scooter from Honda.

Best Mark.