New Honda large proper scooter ever ?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

New Honda large proper scooter ever ?

Post by XP500FUN »

As I was talking to the Honda tech people today I said what we could do with would be an updated, possibly larger engine proper scooter like the Silverwing.

Maybe with a proper seperate swinging arm too.

He said Euro 4 stopped the Silverwing and nothing like I was talking about in the pipeline.

But for old buggered buggers the Silverwing is about the best scooter for getting on easily with such a large and low gap.

If only Honda would have a go !!!

Best Mark.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Re: New Honda large proper scooter ever ?

Post by Data »

Yeah, agree with you Mark. If only they'd put some resources in that direction...
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

I have always wondered why the Silverwing was dropped. Euro 4 was it? Still doesn't explain why it wasn't replaced though. I'm surprised is wasn't with the size of the big scooter market in some countries. I would have thought Honda would have liked to have a slice if the pie.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

XP500FUN wrote:As I was talking to the Honda tech people today I said what we could do with would be an updated, possibly larger engine proper scooter like the Silverwing.

Maybe with a proper seperate swinging arm too.

He said Euro 4 stopped the Silverwing and nothing like I was talking about in the pipeline.

But for old buggered buggers the Silverwing is about the best scooter for getting on easily with such a large and low gap.

If only Honda would have a go !!!

Best Mark.
surely then you should look at the DN-01 replaced by the vultus.
Lack of sales killed the silverwing in the UK hence no update from 2009.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

No doubt Honda would argue that they have replaced the Silverwing - by the Integra!

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

A new (revised) Forza 300 is available in some countries soon.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

Meldrew wrote: ...and by then Auto Only licence owners were no longer restricted to maxi scooters, they could buy and ride a whole range of Honda motorcycles with the option of DCT
I think putting dct on motorcycles was a master stroke for Honda, not only for auto restricted licence holders but an aging market of bikers with restricted mobility and also newer bikers with an open mind and commuters.

I do think this means you will never see another large capacity cvt scooter from Honda again though.

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

Agreed dct was a great shout the new goldwing has 7 yes 7 speed Dct and in the main it's raved about! Xadv is in my radar but seat heights seem to be creeping up and up!!!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

charles1976 wrote:Agreed dct was a great shout the new goldwing has 7 yes 7 speed Dct and in the main it's raved about! Xadv is in my radar but seat heights seem to be creeping up and up!!!
You'd have thought that with all that torque, you'd only need a couple of gears! The X-ADV's seat is tall, but just about manageable.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

I have just last week fitted the Lust Racing dog bones to my X-ADV. dropped the arse end 30mm ( i think ) front i dropped by 5mm on the forks and seems ok. Dead easy job to do only takes 20 mins even with re-greasing the pins/bearings..like a lot of manufacturers today they seem to think grease is no longer needed in bearings :D