MK3 Tmax Vs Integra ergonomics?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Taipan
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC700X DCT Tmax mk2

MK3 Tmax Vs Integra ergonomics?

Post by Taipan »

Hi All,

ANyone had both of these bikes? As much as I like .the Tmax I do find it cramped with the bars too low and too near my knees.

Also, I miss the DCT transmission of my NCX, so I find myself looking at Integras. But would I have any more room and be more comfortable?

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: MK3 Tmax Vs Integra ergonomics?

Post by horobags »

hi Taipan, Ive had both, and another integra is on the way. My t-max was a mk1 so was about 10 years ago. Saying that 2 years ago on a trip , me and chippie swapped over (t-max v integra) and I found the t-max had a much more sporty feel with riding position and engine revs. The t-max is more fun in my opinion , and Chippie didn't like the Integra and I really think the DCT does take a lot of getting used to, but the Integra is a better all round machine imo for comfort, economy, easy low revving motor. I guess its a similar comparison to the ss50 v fs1-e of 40 years ago :lol:
I would suggest that you try an Integra yourself though, as everyone is different, and what I may like, you may hate.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Taipan
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC700X DCT Tmax mk2

Post by Taipan »

Hi Mate,

I recently sold a NC750X DCT and I did find it quite frustrating that it would change up just as the party was getting started! I know its low revving gives it its economy, but always felt it could have gone another 1000rpms!

However, i did like te DCT, especially the manual changing etc. Great fun. Going back to a Tmax made me realise just how revvy these things are, especially with mine originally have a malossi varaitor with 14g weights. It was screaming its nuts off everywhere and was a bit of a shocker after the DCT! :D Its much better (for me) with 16g Dr Pulley sliders in, but I do still miss the DCT and its 3 modes.

I'm 6'2" tall and just find the Tmax cramped and on full lock at slow speeds i have to get my knees out of the way or they hit my hands when turning. The seat hump has been moved back slightly, but its not a fix. I really need to raise the bars I suppose but I'm not paying Risoma money just to do that!

Oh and former FS1e and Fantic Cabellero owner here! :D

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Can't give you a direct comparison as I've only had an hours ride on the X-ADV (which is basically an Integra made to look a bit off-roady) to compare with the Tmax. My impression is that the Integra won't give you much room - for one thing its not a feet-forward sort of scoot anyway. Though to be fair, the X-ADV's riding position was quite comfy. The Integra/X-ADV are surprisingly compact compared to the stretch limo that the Tmax is!

You have a mk3 Tmax I believe - the models do vary a bit, and the mk3 has the least leg room for some reason. I've just acquired a mk3 and when I got on I was surprised that there wasn't much leg room (and I'm only 5'9") compared to the mk1 / mk4 and mk6 Tmaxs I'd ridden more recently. Not sure why it should be, especially as mk3 and 4 have the same chassis - I think Yamaha moved the rider forward a bit. Perhaps you should try removing the bumstop, and see if that helps.

Personally, on the X-ADV I didn't mind the DCT (as long as you stayed in S2 or S3 and never used D mode), but was a bit disappointed that it didn't really add to the riding experience - all that money and complexity, and a cheapo CVT does as good a job! (IMHO). However, I really disliked the engine, finding it flat and vibey. The whole thing is no doubt very efficient and very effective, but for me, the TMax is just so much more FUN!

Nyarlathotep
Current Ride: Tmax mk3 and R1200RT

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Could I be cheeky and hijack the thread please?! I also have a mk3 tmax and have been considering an integra. Alas, maxi scooters aren’t generally available as demo bikes where I am (isle of man). I’m wondering how good the integra suspension works over poor road surfaces? I’d imagine with bigger wheels it would be quite good, but would appreciate any real world experience. I do find the tmax chassis pretty good, I’m just getting the itch for a change!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Don't get too misled by journos and others banging on about the perils of small wheeled scoots. The two most uncomfortable scoots I've ever owned were of the large wheeled variety! Anyway the Tmax has 15" wheels which isn't THAT different to 17" bike wheels. As I said, I rode the X-ADV briefly and whilst its suspension was good, with its off-road pretentions I expected it to be good on bumpy roads but it was only OK (to be fair I think its possible to adjust the rear suspension which I didn't try). In the event, I bought a mk6 Tmax and the ride / handling and feel of the Tmax was remarkably similar to that of the X-ADV.

Now having a mk3 AND a mk6 Tmax, they are a fascinating contrast - I keep meaning to write some words about them.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

this site may help... http://cycle-ergo.com/
In advance to a ride to a local-ish dealer...

Nyarlathotep
Current Ride: Tmax mk3 and R1200RT

Post by Nyarlathotep »

MrGrumpy wrote: Now having a mk3 AND a mk6 Tmax, they are a fascinating contrast - I keep meaning to write some words about them.
Please do, I'd be very interested in your thoughts!

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

X-ADV suspenders front and rear are adjustable, i am only 5' 10" but i recon you would ok on the X-ADV seat wise. This years model gets the extra 500RPM 3 sport modes and you can switch off the ABS on the back wheel if like me you have had it on a couple of green lanes :o BUT, it is the dirtiest bike i have EVER owned EVER
Lyn.