Tmax DX Dead! Won't start

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Re: Tmax DX Dead! Won't start

Post by tmaxrobbo »

Oh and I've bought a spare key £100 but worth it as I hate having only one key for a bike !

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

tmaxrobbo wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:14 am Oh and I've bought a spare key £100 but worth it as I hate having only one key for a bike !
Does that include programming it? I asked about a spare smart key and I've forgotten how much they told me, but I seem to recall that the key wasn't that much but it cost a lot more to get it programmed! So I politely declined and settled for a new topbox/emergency key for £7 (+ cutting) instead!

8500rpm
Current Ride: TMax DX

Post by 8500rpm »

Ta-Daa.... tomorrow August 20th I will collect my TMax :) It's fixed!

I know I should be super pi**ed, but I'm happy I will finally get it! It's such a nice scooter :)

I won't use the connectivity features this time, since no one knows what actually happened. Why it now has taken so long to get it fixed is they didn't know how to install/enable it again after they got the new telematics box. They had to get Vodafones help.

Well well, long story short, 2,5monts at a dealer, best summer months. I enjoyed it with a Xmax 300, which is a fine scoot, but no TMax. I would however recommend an Xmax300 to anyone who is looking for something in that price rance. My only negative of that is that I think the brakes are not very powerful, the Xmax400 had much better brakes.

Let's celebrate a connected scoot future now :)

8500rpm
Current Ride: TMax DX

Post by 8500rpm »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:40 pm
JustToSayHi wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:25 pm Y less confident with all these electronic mess, keyless system included: just have a look at the manual procedure when the keyless is down, it really sounds like a joke - open the seat 3 times, slap your face, make a flip - ok I’m exaggerating, but still, I regret the good old key...

You aren't exaggerating much....doing it under stress by the roadside would be a farce!
Hahah, I know, I hope I never need to do the procedure, it seems very veery error prone.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Glad to hear your scooters issue is sorted fingers crossed nothing further and time to enjoy the ride

spdtwn
Current Ride: Vespa Sei Giorni HPE + MP3 250

Post by spdtwn »

Well done that man! Congratulations on your patience and fortitude...and I do like a happy ending. Ahem!

My Mk 2 Max and I are growing old together and, after reading, with great interest, tales such as yours...and you are obviously not alone...I hope to continue with my 'up to a point' understandable electrics, rear chain drive and difficult to match tyres.

I was brought up in a time when you saw smoke emitting from wiring you knew the 'leccy was leaking out. Today there aint no smoke .
Just thinking...maybe it's up in that Cloud I hear them talk about.

Sla'inte.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Well, I'm glad its now fixed, but it has taken far too long. When you say you've lost the best summer months, I guess its a bigger issue in Sweden as I imagine that the winters there mean you can't ride it then, so you've lost a large part of a whole years worth of use (and an unusually hot summer I here as well).

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

Please be sure to confirm with the dealer, before riding away, that your warranty period has (as a minimum) been extended by the 2.5 month period.
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

poldark wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:10 pm Please be sure to confirm with the dealer, before riding away, that your warranty period has (as a minimum) been extended by the 2.5 month period.
Good call poldark.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

muddyfox wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:33 am
poldark wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:10 pm Please be sure to confirm with the dealer, before riding away, that your warranty period has (as a minimum) been extended by the 2.5 month period.
Good call poldark.
I second that .. :D