Tmax DX Dead! Won't start

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Tmax DX Dead! Won't start

Post by MrGrumpy »

SkuTorr wrote:Two Words:

1.) AK 550
2.) NOODOE

http://www.kymco.com/
Yes....doesn't seem like such a good idea does it!

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Post by tmaxrobbo »

See if they'll swap for a standard T Max . No Vodafone app less to go wrong , maybe retrofit the screen and heated grips . Love my standard T Max and it just gets better and faster !!

8500rpm
Current Ride: TMax DX

Post by 8500rpm »

Update July 2nd.. 1month anniversary passed last week.... still at the dealer.

So they ordered all new electronics, but they are arguing with Vodafone/Yamaha on what they need to do to swap the electronics, Vodafone claims it will be deader then dead if they don't have a certain 'code', which they don't.

I visited them today again. Have to say, Service Manager (who has been a challenge), sales rep, mechanic and all seem to be on my side now, this is unacceptable to them also.

BUT, seems Yamaha doesn't just want to hand out new Tmaxes to everyone, they push the dealer to solve it, but now the dealer will give it a try with the new parts, otherwise they will just drive Yamaha Europe to replace the scooter. I got the feeling they were very unhappy with Yamaha also (well, they cannot help apparently, crazy situation, they bolt on OEM tech on a machine but they don't know how to work it).

Well well, I got a loaner today, a new Xmax 300 which I will have until I get my Tmax back or a new Tmax.

Xmax300 rides soft, nice, torquey engine, felt torquier than my 2015 Xmax400, BUT the brakes, oh lord, they don't bite not even half as good as the Xmax400/TMax dual discs... I can't remember that my old Xmax250 or Honda PCX had this weak brakes. Other than that, Xmax300 is a nice scoot. (I've read actually in reviews also that the brakes are not it's strong point)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Didn't an owner on here say that the Xmax 300 brakes improved a bit with use?

As for the Tmax, is it possible to reinstall / replace the electronics without the Vodafone bits? As I understand it, when you buy a DX, you don't have to activate the Smart Phone bits, so presumably it must be possible to reinstall to as new condition without Vodafone activation.
I think I'd be very reluctant to have the Vodafone stuff at all, after your experiences.

8500rpm

Post by 8500rpm »

MrGrumpy wrote:Didn't an owner on here say that the Xmax 300 brakes improved a bit with use?

As for the Tmax, is it possible to reinstall / replace the electronics without the Vodafone bits? As I understand it, when you buy a DX, you don't have to activate the Smart Phone bits, so presumably it must be possible to reinstall to as new condition without Vodafone activation.
I think I'd be very reluctant to have the Vodafone stuff at all, after your experiences.
I'm with you, I wont do the Vodaphone app thing after this... it's not in control.

I'm not sure what the dealer is talking about, but they claim/it sounds like that the theft protection/keyless start is deeply integrated with the Vodafone stuff, but they might be wrong.

well well, the Xmax300 will do my commuting now in July, I hope to have the Tmax 1st of August, it was just then on a 2month long spa treatment ;) hehe

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Surely, the vodafone bit can't be that deeply integrated as you don't HAVE to activate it when you buy it?

8500rpm

Post by 8500rpm »

Friends, I have not forgotten about you, but the DX is still at the dealer :( (riding the loaner xmax300 for now).

Amazing... I will give it to 2-months anniversary, then I will contact them about replacing the Tmax with a new, or buying back mine and I will buy a new (well, I guess it's the same ;))

Why it's still going on now is that the dealer doesn't know how to install/replace the new telematic hardware they ordered. They need support from Vodafone.

Really, I cannot believe it's this hard, it's most likely just that Yamaha centrally has forgotten to train the dealers around the world. Maybe they thought the system was foolproof.

Will get back to you with an update when I know more.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

8500rpm thanks for the update. Personally I would insist on a free new replacement or full original purchase price refund.
Don't even consider "selling " yours back to them.
As an aside how are you finding the 300 ?
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

+1 with Muddyfox there.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

This is shocking...past the ridiculous point now. For one thing do you even want the telematic hardware they can't install??
If Swedish consumer law is anything like UK law, I think that you are now entirely entitled to demand a replacement or have a full refund. The product doesn't work (and hasn't for some considerable time), you have given them ample opportunity to repair it, but they seem incapable of doing so. Thus the product is not of proper quality.