Tmax DX Dead! Won't start

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
8500rpm
Current Ride: TMax DX

Re: Tmax DX Dead! Won't start

Post by 8500rpm »

tmaxrobbo wrote:I'd guess the battery . Do you do big miles every day? use the heated grips/ seat a lot ? These are big drains . I keep mine on an optimate but have left it for 2 weeks when away with no problem. They are more complex but when turned off there is no drain ? Good luck I love mine even more now with the terigioni and Gilles levers
I ride about 35km daily, 17km one way to work... so not big miles, but it's not inner city stop and go... more like suburban with few stops and much 60-80km/h.

My theory was also the battery, not dead, as that I tested, but if a battery gone too low and recharged would have disabled some electronics...

but now I'm afraid of the connectivity/app...

well well, again, keep you updated.

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Only just got home from work,mine started no problem and so has the one owned by “abitmad”so proberly not a worldwide problem caused by the app,which i believe is still not up and running,still be interested to see what the fault is with 8500rpm’s machine,they are a lovely bit of kit.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

I think the app might be working again,different than earlier this evening,the trip i did at the weekend is showing again now.....

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Being an auto scoot, the prop stand switch will cut the engine or not allow it to start if in the down position can also happen if the plunger gets stuck or a wiring connection fault to the switch. They are only micro switches and cause your type of problem. The headlights are on and no activity when the starter switch is pressed. Also the handlebar switches fail.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Can you hear the fuel pump priming ?
Have wheels, will travel :D

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

8500rpm wrote:I will update you as soon as I get some feedback from the Yamaha dealer. I just hope it won't be there for 3 weeks...
He may have some trouble the scoots in hospital out-patients.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

abitmad

Post by abitmad »

I'm putting myself up for numpty of the millennium award. The sidestand was down which prevents starting. :oops:

Don't know how I could have overlooked that. It was on the centre stand but the sidestand was also down. I have another bike which can be started with the sidestand down and lately I've been using that a lot more than the DX so perhaps I'd gotten used to not thinking about the sidestand. But of course I ought to have realised because I've owned it for nine months now and frequently used the sidestand.

I got so angry with the thing that I was on the verge of wanting to get rid of it in disgust believing it was now unreliable and could still let me down anytime, anywhere if it was a faulty app problem. What a dickhead! Today I was going to call the Yam recovery service to take it back to my dealer and the only consolation is that I discovered what was "wrong" before doing so.

Thanks to Stephen on the forum who tried out his DX which started and pointed out to me about the sidestand.

So no electronic problem after all. I hope 8500rpm gets his sorted asap and that he hasn't made the same ridiculously elementary mistake as me.

The app is still not working though the message has altered to "Error, username or password incorrect." But it looks like pure coincidence that it went down at the same time. I'll contact Vodafone later, if I can get through, and try and sort it.

Apologies if I've scared any other DX owners with my idiotic experience.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Its so easy to do - you might be a little anxious and irrational panic does the rest! Accidentally knocking the kill switch (which I normally never touch) is another way to scare yourself!

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

abitmad wrote:I'm putting myself up for numpty of the millennium award. The sidestand was down which prevents starting. :oops: .
Glad ya sorted...
Recent post of a similar ilk with the 'ol Honda SH Death Grip thats needed on the brake leaver to start...
One thing that springs to mind... RTFM :roll:

But is defo a wind up when going from one scoot to to tother...

My latest 'arse' is the LH switchgear... Yam indicator above hooter... Honda hooter above indicator!
Oh a flipping the Idle Stop to on by accident!

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Excellent result, cheap if somewhat embaressing fix. We've all done silly things bud, I spent ages trying to restart the 'project' then put it onto reserve & the bugger fired straight away, must be over 40 years since I had a reserve switch :oops:
Have wheels, will travel :D