Sym Maxsym 600i abs

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
basil 69
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxisym 600i

Re: Sym Maxsym 600i abs

Post by basil 69 »

road runner wrote:
donjack1964 wrote:I've had my maxsym 600i for just over 2 weeks now and I love it!
I was a member a few years ago (donjack) but for some reason or other I couldn't log in to my old account. (tried resetting password but still no joy!!)
anyway, I was just wondering if there are any other maxsym owners on the forum :?:
cheers,
Don.
Hi donjack1964, welcome back to the forum. Like you I picked up a secondhand Mighty SYM about two weeks ago as a replacement to a motorbike. It has been purchased purely for touring duties. I am still getting use to its "thumpy" single cylinder motor and have been doing a few mods just to suit my riding style. I want to change the spark plug for a "Brisk" type but as yet still trying to find best way to access it. I have read that on the Maxsym 400 you can access it by removing the lower near side cover panel but on the 600i there is no way this is possible. MPG seems to be around 55 which is acceptable to me and I have raised the screen height to suit my 6'1" height.
Hi both, I have had my 600 for just over a year now from New and I love it. I have a English version of the full manual for the the 600, if you want a copy pm me your email address and I will send you a copy, it's in pdf format. I would post a link but can't remember were I got if from.
Ray.

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

basil 69 wrote:
road runner wrote:
donjack1964 wrote:I've had my maxsym 600i for just over 2 weeks now and I love it!
I was a member a few years ago (donjack) but for some reason or other I couldn't log in to my old account. (tried resetting password but still no joy!!)
anyway, I was just wondering if there are any other maxsym owners on the forum :?:
cheers,
Don.
Hi donjack1964, welcome back to the forum. Like you I picked up a secondhand Mighty SYM about two weeks ago as a replacement to a motorbike. It has been purchased purely for touring duties. I am still getting use to its "thumpy" single cylinder motor and have been doing a few mods just to suit my riding style. I want to change the spark plug for a "Brisk" type but as yet still trying to find best way to access it. I have read that on the Maxsym 400 you can access it by removing the lower near side cover panel but on the 600i there is no way this is possible. MPG seems to be around 55 which is acceptable to me and I have raised the screen height to suit my 6'1" height.
Hi both, I have had my 600 for just over a year now from New and I love it. I have a English version of the full manual for the the 600, if you want a copy pm me your email address and I will send you a copy, it's in pdf format. I would post a link but can't remember were I got if from.
Ray.
Hi Ray, I have the 400 / 600 manual (274 pages) downloaded from dealernet.com. It's a little confusing as both models are listed and hard to specifically identify each model specifics. If the manual you have is specifically for the 600i, I would like a copy please and I will send you a PM. Just out of interest, as you intend to do your own servicing, as indeed I do, have you changed your plug yet?
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

basil 69
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxisym 600i

Post by basil 69 »

Hi smeghead, I've just checked and I have the same manual as you, 400/600 combine.

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

basil 69 wrote:Hi smeghead, I've just checked and I have the same manual as you, 400/600 combine.
OK no worries.

donjack1964
Current Ride: sym maxsym 600i abs

Post by donjack1964 »

sylar, very nice scooter, info on taking them apart is very thin on the ground, I have the service manual for the maxsym, I had a quick look and I think the English version is in latin!! :lol: it might take a day or two to translate! :lol: :lol: :lol:
why ride 1 mile when 10 will do!! :D

Maxster
Benefactor
Current Ride: None

Post by Maxster »

Should help for plugs...hit translate
http://maxsym600i.centerblog.net/m/42-r ... e-sym-600i

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

Maxster wrote:Should help for plugs...hit translate
http://maxsym600i.centerblog.net/m/42-r ... e-sym-600i
Thanks Maxster, I will give that a try in a few days!
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

donjack1964
Current Ride: sym maxsym 600i abs

Post by donjack1964 »

thanks for the link maxster, very helpful.
why ride 1 mile when 10 will do!! :D

Maxster
Benefactor
Current Ride: None

Post by Maxster »

donjack1964 wrote:thanks for the link maxster, very helpful.
No probs, if you click on the first photo where it says "remplacement bougie", it goes to part 1.