Sym Maxsym 600i abs

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
donjack1964
Current Ride: sym maxsym 600i abs

Sym Maxsym 600i abs

Post by donjack1964 »

I've had my maxsym 600i for just over 2 weeks now and I love it!
I was a member a few years ago (donjack) but for some reason or other I couldn't log in to my old account. (tried resetting password but still no joy!!)
anyway, I was just wondering if there are any other maxsym owners on the forum :?:
cheers,
Don.
why ride 1 mile when 10 will do!! :D

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Re: Sym Maxsym 600i abs

Post by road runner »

donjack1964 wrote:I've had my maxsym 600i for just over 2 weeks now and I love it!
I was a member a few years ago (donjack) but for some reason or other I couldn't log in to my old account. (tried resetting password but still no joy!!)
anyway, I was just wondering if there are any other maxsym owners on the forum :?:
cheers,
Don.
Hi donjack1964, welcome back to the forum. Like you I picked up a secondhand Mighty SYM about two weeks ago as a replacement to a motorbike. It has been purchased purely for touring duties. I am still getting use to its "thumpy" single cylinder motor and have been doing a few mods just to suit my riding style. I want to change the spark plug for a "Brisk" type but as yet still trying to find best way to access it. I have read that on the Maxsym 400 you can access it by removing the lower near side cover panel but on the 600i there is no way this is possible. MPG seems to be around 55 which is acceptable to me and I have raised the screen height to suit my 6'1" height.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

donjack1964

Post by donjack1964 »

thanks road runner, I'm still getting to know mine too, it's quite a bit heavier than the kymco downtown 300 I had!
today I have just added an 'mra x-creen touring' it made a lot of difference on the downtown so hopefully it'll do the same for the sym!
one thing that is bugging me though is the location of the VIN number, there is a sticker (!) in the under seat storage area but I always thought it had to be stamped into, or on a plate attached to the frame! maybe things have moved on a bit! :lol:
anyway it's a brilliant ride and I can see us hopefully having a very long future together.

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

Hello Don, still out and about then I see...... :D
SEAT MO

donjack1964

Post by donjack1964 »

Hello there wozza!!
Yep still out and about!!.........just!!! Got to keep sneaking out the back door, wifey wasn't too impressed when I announced the new arrival!!:lol: :lol:
How's yourself and are you still riding?

wozza
Benefactor

Post by wozza »

Yeah!!!!! I'm fine glad to see your still out and about Don... SYM are great machines so your one should do you proud. :D
Yes I am still riding though I don't seem to do many of miles these days (hardly any in fact). I have a Honda X ADV which is a great machine..
SEAT MO

donjack1964

Post by donjack1964 »

Good to hear, I thought about the x-adv but it was ever so slightly out of my reach!! :D
We'll have to meet up some day and compare notes.............again!!

wozza
Benefactor

Post by wozza »

Yes that would be great Don... I've still got your phone number, so I can always send you a text or phone you to a arrange a ride out somewhere... :D
SEAT MO

donjack1964

Post by donjack1964 »

Any time auld pal................except when I'm on shift!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

I just bought a Cruisym300. Had it just over two weeks and ready for first 1000km service. There is no info on how to get at the spark plug, but I took the side panel off and there it was. I have never owned a SYM before, it seems you have to take out the underseat panel to get to the engine proper, I intend doing my own servicing so I will find out how to do things. I own a Silver wing 600 as well, bought the SYM as a little runaround as it is much lighter, and, I fancied one.