TMAX Fever

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MariaB
Current Ride: Tmax

TMAX Fever

Post by MariaB »

Well it had to happen sometime or another. We went out on our Black and White Mk 3 TMAXs at the weekend and after a ride, the black one failed to restart. Brrm, cough, die. It took 4 hours for it to cool down sufficiently. Even after it had been transported back home it refused to start, Then 7pm - just fine as though nothing was ever wrong....So, as we have 4 x 2011 TMAX Mk3s with the dreaded blue/green spots, it's new pump time for all of them starting with the failed black one. As we are going to Spain this year this seems sensible. Obviously I will use Funky's excellent blog on this (when i find it) but i am down to the underseat storage unit now so not far to go... But the question for Funky please is which pump to go for on eBay as there are hundreds of them and, needing to buy four of them I would like them to fit with minimal effort (bar changing the strainer) and last forever. Thanks M-M (and Funky).

Clive and Maria

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Re: TMAX Fever

Post by Funkycowie »

http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/forum/vie ... 14&t=14308

Any will do that is listed as for a TMax 500, so long as it is rated between 2.5 (OEM rating) and 3 Bar. The ones I have used are 3 Bar and they do give a noticeable increase in performance especially combined with Brisk LGS Multispark plugs and 17g Dr Pulley Rollers. I have installed 4 so far, 2 on personal TMax's and 2 for other people. All have removed TMax fever, the only person it hasn't worked for, for some random reason is BigWheelsTurning on the American Majesty forum when he tried it.

I always reused the original strainer.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

MariaB

Post by MariaB »

Thanks Funky

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

Not a problem :D
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

MariaB

Post by MariaB »

Hi again and sorry to perpetuate this. I am probably being dim. Having looked on FleaBay there are loads of pumps around the £20.00 mark that look identical to the OEM pump but which say, in the technical bumf, that they only do 0.4Bar and flow 35 litres etc. The only one I can find that seems to fit the bill is from Euroscooter which says the operating pressure is 3Bar and max is 4.5-6Bar. Is this the one to get? It is not the money here it's the faff of taking the scooter apart (four times). Thanks again. Clive and Maria

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

ImageImageImageImage

MariaB

Post by MariaB »

Thank you - much appreciated. 4 x pumps ordered! We will let you know how we get on.....

MariaB

Post by MariaB »

One pump fitted - three to go. I have four cross head screws left over from somewhere though! I will need to keep them for installing when the bike turns pink later this year but they have to be related to one or other of the panels I took off (and this included the running boards and moles). Anyway, all relatively straightforward except taking off the clip for the strainer which was a real PITA. The Kemso unit i have is very quiet. I am assuming it is okay as the bike starts and runs! Thanks for the instructions!

MariaB

Post by MariaB »

Just an update. Pump no. 2 fitted today and just as well I checked how it ran before i put all the plastics back on. BECAUSE IT DID NOT RUN. Splutter splutter splutter. In with a new strainer. The same. Back with the old Yamaha pump. It was fine. Tried one of the other Kemsos I had bought. Fine too and the bike is now back together and running okay. Doesn't give me much faith in Kemso pumps as this is 33% failure rate so far. Back to the Ebay seller to see if I can a replacement.