Thoughts on a new scoot

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Re: Thoughts on a new scoot

Post by Symcity »

Guys - we are talking serious money for a Yamaha or a Honda 125 - has dogfood09 even considered a Korean or Chinese scooter

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

Forza for me, research the new model Looks to have a few toys like electric screen, failing that go for a good deal on a ex demo or pre reg current shape....Forza 300 out soon too! Google away...

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Symcity wrote:Guys - we are talking serious money for a Yamaha or a Honda 125 - has dogfood09 even considered a Korean or Chinese scooter
In my opinion if a bike is to be used for commuting I need to be sure of decent dealer support during the warranty period, good supply of parts (including cheaper ones once out of warranty) and the possibility of getting something fixed by someone other than whoever sold it should something happen far away from home. I just will not take the risk with anything beyond a major brand: off the top of my head and in no particular order Piaggio, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Kymco, Honda, Peugeot, Yamaha and possibly Sym.

I am not saying avoid minor brands, but personally? Not for me.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

charles1976 wrote:Forza for me, research the new model Looks to have a few toys like electric screen, failing that go for a good deal on a ex demo or pre reg current shape....Forza 300 out soon too! Google away...
I'm all for putting tech on a scooter but like stop-start, I'm not sure having an electric screen is worth the added complexity, weight and cost of eventual repairs (including after a shunt).

I've only altered the screen on a scooter once or twice in 18 years and putting stop-start on something for which the raison d'etre is that you can keep on moving seems bizarre.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Symcity wrote:Guys - we are talking serious money for a Yamaha or a Honda 125 - has dogfood09 even considered a Korean or Chinese scooter
Interesting point - but commuting decent differences in all weathers is pretty tough on scoots, so I'd definitely consider a 'premium' brand for such use. From what I've read, Chinese scoots can be a bit hit & miss and need a lot of love/effort to keep working. There again, where is the Forza made?? Might be worth adding the Taiwanese brands (Sym, Kymco) to the shortlist.

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

I would have a sym or kymco.
The X-Town 125 looks good, seems to be around a grand cheaper the Yamahond.

https://scooterlab.uk/kymco-x-town-125- ... road-test/

dogfood09

Post by dogfood09 »

I had the kawasaki j125 which is a re badged from a kymco downtown and to be honest had issues from the get go with it, from faulty igintion coil, steering bearings, snapped drive belt, would not start in cold weather, so lost faith in kawasaki / kymco scooters, the x max is taking my fancy more over the forza, both similar in price , I will see what offers the dealers will offer me, I have a choice of putting down 2.2k deposit and financing the rest or buying it straight out

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

My uncles partner went from a J125 to a Forza 125 and thought it was much better in comfort, lightness and power.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

Tricky terms to get 0% though:

VPL Terms and Conditions: New retail orders from 01 April 2018 to 30 June 2018 and registered by 31 March 2018.

:?