Best 125cc maxi?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 4154

Re: Best 125cc maxi?

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

I was dead impressed by the two S-wings that rode with us in Scotland on the Land's End - John O'Groats do a few years ago (2014?). I would go with one of those.

Please don't buy a Peugeot, because they're shit. Appalling build quality, unreliable and wiring faults a go go - you'd be better off with a bus pass.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Jaz wrote:Please don't buy a Peugeot, because they're shit. Appalling build quality, unreliable and wiring faults a go go - you'd be better off with a bus pass.
Sorry, but you're totally wrong about the Satelis. It's an excellent machine, equal or better to most others. Like I said, I had 3 and ran them each for many, many miles with hardly a single problem that wasn't caused by something external. I can only assume your knowledge is third hand or relates to other Peugeots (speedfight, v-clic perhaps?)

Found my old review thread on my 2nd Satelis. It runs for three years and 11 pages.
http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/forum/vie ... f=41&t=197
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Deleted User 4154

StephenC wrote:I can only assume your knowledge is third hand or relates to other Peugeots (speedfight, v-clic perhaps?)
Wrong on all counts, I'm afraid, but then that's all I'd expect from someone who's been the most tragic flag-waving Peugeot fanboy since the inception of this forum. The furthest my knowledge gets is second hand, the Elyseo I bought against my better judgement merely confirmed what my friends had told me - Peugeot scooters are shit. They could well be the only western manufacturer whose QC has improved by having their piss poor machines manufactured in China. Just because you got lucky doesn't mean that everyone else unfortunate enough to have bought a Peugeot did.

That aside, you seem to have missed the fact that the OP wants to buy a 125 - not a 250. Although, no, I am being unfair, you did suggest the supercharged 125 Satelis, didn't you? Genius :lol: :lol: :lol:

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Jaz wrote:
StephenC wrote:I can only assume your knowledge is third hand or relates to other Peugeots (speedfight, v-clic perhaps?)
Wrong on all counts, I'm afraid, but then that's all I'd expect from someone who's been the most tragic flag-waving Peugeot fanboy since the inception of this forum. The furthest my knowledge gets is second hand, the Elyseo I bought against my better judgement merely confirmed what my friends had told me - Peugeot scooters are shit. They could well be the only western manufacturer whose QC has improved by having their piss poor machines manufactured in China. Just because you got lucky doesn't mean that everyone else unfortunate enough to have bought a Peugeot did.

That aside, you seem to have missed the fact that the OP wants to buy a 125 - not a 250. Although, no, I am being unfair, you did suggest the supercharged 125 Satelis, didn't you? Genius :lol: :lol: :lol:
No need to be rude.

I guess lucky 3 times isn't enough to convince some. Well, 5 times if your include my 2 lovely Elystars as well.

I'm such a tragic fanboy I've had 3 scooters other than Peugeots, including the last 2?

BTW, isn't the"ignore" option a great thing on this forum?
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Deleted User 4154

StephenC wrote:I guess lucky 3 times isn't enough to convince some.
Between the POS I owned and all the other hopeless Peugeot failures I've seen first hand (plastic oil pump drives, combined immobiliser CDI units and other equally brilliant ideas) three doesn't even touch the sides.
StephenC wrote:BTW, isn't the"ignore" option a great thing on this forum?
I shall wear being ignored by you as a badge of honour.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Play nicely...
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »