Helix - Bad Vibration

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Luckydave
Current Ride: Burgman 650 and others

Re: Helix - Bad Vibration

Post by Luckydave »

Is the Helix engine/cvt unit not same as the Piaggio Hexagon? I have new unused Honda rollers/a pair clutch shoes/a regulator and a silencer to sell

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Is the Helix a CN250?
Try Fowlers Parts site: https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/browser/ ... bike/cn250
Great Diagrams and Part numbers to re-google as most items listed as No Stock / Backorder - maybe worth giving 'em a ring?

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

The Helix is indeed the CN250, I checked out the Fowler site and found nothing that appeared useful.

Luckydave, I'm not sure if the helix engine is the same as the Piagio/hexagon so would defer the prospect of a purchase, but thanks.
When I looked on David Silver's UK web site there was no mention of the CN250 at all so presumed them dead in the water but I sent a mail requesting spares info not expecting a reply - low and behold a mail came back saying they could supply all the drive parts, belt £28.84, rollers £14.35, clutch weight set £78.68 etc (all plus vat & delivery charge) so I ordered the lot right away so that parts will be on hand when needed, from a different source I ordered a Bridgestone 110/100-12 67J O.E. front tire at £50.90.

David Silver also confirmed that they could supply parts for the Foresight, its good to know that they are there if needed.

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Jimo wrote:jaz, you mention David Silvers....I tried on their site (now in US) and no reference to CN250 exists, there must be someone in UK selling Helix parts?
Hi Jim

The link I posted earlier was to the UK site that I use. The way to get what you're after is this:
- use the parts diagrams here to find the part number for the bit you need: https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cn250-fusio ... partslist/
- order the part from SIlvers using the number here: https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/par ... rt-number/

Deleted User 4154

Jimo wrote:Luckydave, I'm not sure if the helix engine is the same as the Piagio/hexagon so would defer the prospect of a purchase, but thanks.
The 250 Hexagon uses the same engine as the Fusion/CN/Helix so the bits Dave is selling would fit, although the exhaust is different in appearance if that bothers you.

Tyres... rear tyre wear is pretty chronic as you might imagine with a 10" rear. I've tried pretty much all of them, and I find the Bridgestone ML50 the best compromise between wear and performance. I ran Contis for a while but found I was getting an disproportionate number of punctures and so went back to the Bridgestones. As for the Metzelers... I ruined a rear one in 1100 miles, so they were out.

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

Jaz, thanks for the information, thats really good of you, the tire that I ordered is the Bridgestone ml70 I believe which should be here in two days, on my first Helix new in 1990 I renewed the front tire after about 6,500 miles as it was down to the mark and rejected on the MOT, the rear tire was still like new when I sold the bike at 7,000 miles in 2014, I've never been a tear-away rider so expect that's the reason. On this Helix the front tire has crazed on the sidewalls through age but the rear is newly fitted - and the rims are alloy, what a difference a couple of years make! What part of the country are you from?
I've taken several photos but know their size is too large to put on here, what I can't get is how to use a reducing program while at the same time writing this......the program dissapears as soon as I return to the forum. Irritating!

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

This is just in case anyone else with vibes is looking and thier engine etc is OK, I had bad vibes with my scooter, turned out to be the rear brake intermitently binding.

But I expect any brake dragging a bit or on and off could add vibes to a CVT set up.

Best Mark.

Deleted User 4154

Jimo wrote: I've never been a tear-away rider so expect that's the reason. On this Helix the front tire has crazed on the sidewalls through age but the rear is newly fitted - and the rims are alloy, what a difference a couple of years make! What part of the country are you from?
If you speak to any of the lads on here who have ridden with me they'll tell you that I ain't exactly Rossi either :lol: It's probably lots of town riding, stops and starts and me being 15st that ruins my tyres in short order.

I hail from the land of dragons, sheep and Gareth Bale originally, but I live in West Yorks these days.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Bridgestone battalax seem to grip well and last OK. Rear lasted on mine for 5k.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

^^^ yep, got Battalax on the SilverWing, grip well & wear is better than anything else I've tried
Have wheels, will travel :D