Best Bluetooth Full Face Intercom

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Re: Best Bluetooth Full Face Intercom

Post by rayb »

Ralph wrote:I have a pair of these,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/11261064 ... rmvSB=true

I have nothing else to judge them against but they seem to work well up to about 60/65, a lot depends on helmet, they connect to the phone and you can play music or take calls but can only dial the last number any other you have to do it on the phone though it all the sound still comes through the head set, coms bike to bike is good up to likly 3/4 of a mile and it works with sat nav to.
The instructions are crap but there are a few how to's on U-tube, mine as done 14 hours on the last charge and still running they charge from a usb in a very short time, probably the cheap n cheerful end but I am happy with the results., a look on U-tube will tell you more.
Ralph, do you think these would work as video talkback for cameramen to talk to each other whilst filming. It would mean making up a headset but that shouldn't be tricky.I could claim them as a business expense. :)

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

We use them off the bikes obviously wile still wearing the helmet so as long as you can sort a head set why not,
Line of sight they probably do 3/4 of a mile out of sight maybe half that but still a faire distance.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Ralph wrote:We use them off the bikes obviously wile still wearing the helmet so as long as you can sort a head set why not,
Line of sight they probably do 3/4 of a mile out of sight maybe half that but still a faire distance.
It only needs to be 300m max. I'm tempted.

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

Thanks guys for your input, I've bought a pair of those 1200 mtr x 6 rider BT coms that should arrive tomorrow (Thurs), prob done it wrong way round but decided to get two new Shoei helmets at same time - the type depending on suitability of the coms - but I'm attracted by the moveable chin piece with an additional drop down sun visor, makes my pocket wince but comfort on a bike is paramount. New Bridgestone tyre fitted to front of Helix today - should improve safety considerably. Plus all the CVT refurb gear arrived from David Silver Spares. Now just waiting for a complete OEM Lock Set from the states - no doubt with added import duty & PO Handling charge.

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

When you come to fit them and this is the same for any system take your time and try to route
cables and stuff in a neat way that wont press on your head, it's worth getting the speakers just right,
the white dot on the mike boom is to indicate the live side of the noise canceling mike so that has to
face you.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

Quite so Ralph, I fitted coms units in my current helmets many years ago, they were ok but of the 'wired type' which ran off a pocket sized battery box, the idea now is to change to Bluetooth types for added flexibility. When the helmet situation is sorted I hope wifey will be encouraged to ride more on pillion. I must say that watching Helicopter Medics dealing with motorcycle RTA's doesn't really help the situation ......

Jim

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

Now I have two new and unused EJEAS helmet interphone sets (Bluetooth) for sale @ £54.00 the pair! Unknowingly I made this purchase the wrong way round as subsequently I decided to also buy two new Shoei helmets having built-in coms. These Bluetooth interphone units fit most helmets but NOT the the Neotec ll 's that I bought. PM me if interested.

Jim

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Post them in this section bud ........ http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=20 ...
Have wheels, will travel :D

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

Thanks Bern.

Jim

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

'haven't sold them yet so will bring them to the GREEN MAN Norfolk do on 11/12 August 18.

Jim