Xmax touring screen

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
defscoot
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Xmax touring screen

Post by defscoot »

What is the stock screen like on the Xmax? Will I need a touring screen to get rid of all wind pressure on my body/head?

I'm 5' 10"

Also, if a screen is recommended, what is a good one to get?

Thanks!

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Re: Xmax touring screen

Post by Ralph »

On the Xmax 300 I find the lower of the two positions suits me, the higher one puts the thicker edge of the screen in my vision and I miss pot holes on our wonderful roads,
I am just over 5.10 and happy with it.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

defscoot

Post by defscoot »

ahh great, thanks for the info. Picking xmax up on Monday but I've seen quite a few videos of people changing the screen so thought it might need doing. I'll try with stock and see what it's like.

Thanks.

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

I prefer the screen in the standard low position and the bars in the optional forward position,
you may not agree though as we all differ in what we find comfy,
the brakes are very good but beware them for the first 100 miles or so as they are a bit
weak till bedded in.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

defscoot

Post by defscoot »

Thanks Ralph. :)

kermitoo

Post by kermitoo »

I tried both position on the xmax 300 for the windscreen and I did like Ralph in living it lowered down as it is a much nicer position...the thing I had to be watchful about are the little plasitic screws that holds the top of the windscreen down...I lost a few of them but they have replaced them ...i guess I should have checked all the screws after the very few rides as I did with other bikes but I hope yours will stay put...Even if two fell off you wouldnt loose the windscreen either though...it would just whobbles...:) Saying all this and since the higher position presents the same issue than with Ralph ( ie: not seeing soon enough the potholes , I may purchase one of these little one you clip on the top edge...nto sure if that would work but why not...simply to get that wind flying overhead..:) the one we have is sturdy and does a great job...I do raise it when i go on the motorway for longer rides though, and it takes two minutes to put it back down afterwards...:)