What gear do you wear?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Re: What gear do you wear?

Post by Alanzzg »

On a ride out . the full monty .
A short nip out . armored jacket helmet gloves.
And what ever is on my legs and feet at the time .
P.s
I never wear shorts or flip flops. On or off the bike .
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Just going to town and then Kidderminster. So, shorts off, kevlar jeans and boots on and my textile jacket. Dangerous town is Kiddy. :

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Post by Alanzzg »

rayb wrote:Just going to town and then Kidderminster. So, shorts off, kevlar jeans and boots on and my textile jacket. Dangerous town is Kiddy. :
Ride safe and have a good day icon_maxi_scoot.gif
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

rayb
Benefactor

Post by rayb »

Alanzzg wrote:
rayb wrote:Just going to town and then Kidderminster. So, shorts off, kevlar jeans and boots on and my textile jacket. Dangerous town is Kiddy. :
Just got back, it was a lovely ride but I'm glad to be back in shorts. :)

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

rayb wrote:
Alanzzg wrote:
I've got oversize kevlar jeans too and shorts work great under those. Just pop the jeans in the top box at your destination. No need to be all hot and bothered like the full leathers lot 8-)

rayb
Benefactor

Post by rayb »

rtfm wrote:
rayb wrote:
Alanzzg wrote:
I've got oversize kevlar jeans too and shorts work great under those. Just pop the jeans in the top box at your destination. No need to be all hot and bothered like the full leathers lot 8-)
It would mean taking my valet on the back. I need him to remove my boots and trews. :)

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

I must admit that although I wear full protective gear most of the time I don't if I am just going into town to do some shopping. Just a bike jacket, gloves, and of course a helmet. I find it uncomfortable walking round in boots and all the rest of the clobber, especially in the weather we are having at the moment. Plus with my helmet and gloves stashed away under the seat I look reasonably normal.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Always bike jeans or trousers, 99.9% of the time boots, always gloves and jacket.

When I was in Crete last year, I took my gloves and mesh jacket even though it was 35C. And wore normal jeans and trainers. Not perfect but better than most of the riders out there.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Helmet - Open Face Jet on a Summer commute (As would usually ride with the Flip up anyway...) - Flip for other Weather or rides...
Gloves - Always, can't even imagine the pain, or asking someone else to wipe my arse... Short cuff for Summer, (I wear One-Hit type gloves in the summer if its really hot, maybe MX style gloves... If I take a tumble I don't expect them to survive another... just do a good job in the first event...) Long cuff for Winter with Tucano Urbano Muffs... I hate thick thick un-feeling gloves...
Boots - Walking style boots with ankle protection... Leather, or Leather & Fabric that are a little more breathable for hot days...
Jacket - Various - Long for Winter, Short for Spring and Autumn, Mesh for Bloody Hot - Armoured in Back Shoulders and Elbows...
Trousers - Kevlar lined jeans...
Waterproofs - Over Jacket, Over Trousers...

rayb
Benefactor

Post by rayb »

XMax400Paul wrote:Helmet - Open Face Jet on a Summer commute (As would usually ride with the Flip up anyway...) - Flip for other Weather or rides...
Gloves - Always, can't even imagine the pain, or asking someone else to wipe my arse... Short cuff for Summer, (I wear One-Hit type gloves in the summer if its really hot, maybe MX style gloves... If I take a tumble I don't expect them to survive another... just do a good job in the first event...) Long cuff for Winter with Tucano Urbano Muffs... I hate thick thick un-feeling gloves...
Boots - Walking style boots with ankle protection... Leather, or Leather & Fabric that are a little more breathable for hot days...
Jacket - Various - Long for Winter, Short for Spring and Autumn, Mesh for Bloody Hot - Armoured in Back Shoulders and Elbows...
Trousers - Kevlar lined jeans...
Waterproofs - Over Jacket, Over Trousers...
I bet you get some funny looks from the other passengers :)