Honda security

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Honda security

Post by muddyfox »

Reading the article it came into effect Monday 2nd July 2018. Thoughts.
https://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-ne ... -new-bikes
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Re: Honda security

Post by Bluebottle »

Trackers wil need to be placed in a variety of places ad wiring options or thieves will quickly learn where to attack to disable them.

With cars they park them up somewhere neutral and come back a day or too later to see if the vehicle gets tracked.

Worse case scenario is that it backfires and they nick more bikes because they only hang on to each one for an hour or two - I suppose it depends if they are nicking them to razz round or to use/sell on.

It’s tricky, I was working with govt. and police stolen vehicle squads when car security got improved. It increased the number of burglaries/carjackings because thieves needed the keys more. It might also have increased bike crime because they became the easier target but I don’t have any figures to back that up, just a guess.

Good on Honda for trying to do something though
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

My Honda came with Datatag. It has markers strategically placed on the bike but I don't think there's a tracker.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

It's to be fitted by dealerships so unlikely to be in the same place for every machine.

Either it's going to be a deterrent to thieves that know that Hondas have one fitted, or it's going to backfire BECAUSE thieves know there's one fitted and so will know that it is worthwhile looking over the bike for one.

On balance it'll be a good thing, I guess.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

My new bike in 2014 came with Datatag fitted from a Honda dealer,as well as the HISS

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Sylar wrote:My new bike in 2014 came with Datatag fitted from a Honda dealer,as well as the HISS
I don't really understand what comes with Datatag

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

I had DATATOOL fitted to my Burgman, its an alarm and imobiliser system that works jolly well, DATA TAG is the fitting of ID non visible microdots all over the bike that can be detected by Police surveilance equipment.

I'm investing in DATATOOL imobilisation and DATA TRACKKING on my Helix and Foresight shortly because so many bikes are twist & go these days that theft has become much too easy - in fact easier than it ever has been!

With the fitting discounts being offered to existing Honda owners by Honda Dealers from July 2nd its an opportunity not to be missed.

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

If they are a good as the alarms they sell your bike will never be on the road, or you will for ever be getting pulled as a t-leaf...

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

You know what you intended to say but what you wrote does not make sence - the Datatool I had fitted to my Burgman worked perfectly all the time!

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70