Silverwing let me down

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
kav
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Helix

Silverwing let me down

Post by kav »

Well after a visit to the screwfix store got on the Silverwing (600), turned the ignition on, hit the starter and nada. Lights but no action.

Home was a bit further than the garage I use, and had a hump back bridge on route which I didn't fancy pushing a 250kg bike over. So garage it was. Only half a mile but I felt every step.

The mechanic likes to guess whats wrong before going searching and went for the brake/starter switch (he's done a few before); after I described symptoms. I guessed the battery ro stand switch (close); but he was right (he usually is). He rigged a temporary fix to get me home, told me which part to order and how to fit (which seems simple) and sent me on my way - without charging me a penny.

Things could have been worse.

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Re: Silverwing let me down

Post by Ralph »

You can’t knock that.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Glad you are sorted out and a nice chap helping like that.

I had the same with mine, but turned out to be the kill switch/start switch relationship. Good advice from the silverwing forum.

I never use the kill switch ever now and when starting don`t pull the brake and then press the start.

Press the start and then pull the brake lever and it starts, it reduces the current or something and helps.

I don`t use the kill switch at all, just the side stand down or the key.

It still seems OK, my problem was apparently common on them.

Best Mark.

PS my eldest son is obsessed with Screwfix !!!! or should I say excited by Screwfix. Maybe something in the name. We all need a fix sometime.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Nice...
A Return with a suitable array of biscuits when you are all up and running?...

steve_h80
Current Ride: silverwing 600

Post by steve_h80 »

Yep, nice bikkies, sweeties and other such goodies will be much appreciated by the garage guys. They sound like a good crew, who are they?