Is NC750X a worthy alternative to a maxi?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Re: Is NC750X a worthy alternative to a maxi?

Post by halfabusa »

Ferret wrote:Personally I think the nc with dct is the best option for what you are asking except that if it's speed you want look elsewhere.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Definitely, I would only look for the X model which is the DCT. Riding a manual into london on daily commute is a rubbish idea.
Scootypuff snr wrote:However so far the Honda chain seems of a good quality and no 'stretch' adjustment wouldn't expect any less of the NC.
That's good to know, thanks. Do you use an auto oiler with it or just spray it yourself every 500 miles?
Scootypuff snr wrote: You won't be ex-communicated as this is a friedly/sensible forum
Oh I know! This is a special forum in many ways, including welcoming everyone even though they don't ride scooters :) I've been around long enough to witness that many times.
horobags wrote: I agree, I know it doesn't have scooter storage, but' Givi it up', and you will have lots of luggage capacity, 80 mpg, low service costs, and better weather protection than any other in the NC range.
PS, I hope youv'e still got your 'ugly bunch t-shirt?? :P
Worst case I'd get a givi top box. I normally don't carry much anyway. Yes! I still have the t-shirt and wear it proudly :) I'll post a photo when I get a chance.
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

Funnily enough, I sold my once-a-year touring bike, a FJR, last year as it was hardly used. I’d been going on a Euro trip with 3 mates for the last 6 years. This year they are riding to Corsica. I, on the other hand, am flying out and meeting there (£98 return, Air Corsica) and hiring a bike for three days (€320). The bike I’m getting is an NCX 750 so it will be an interesting comparison. Will that be a clutchless one?

http://www.corsicamoto.com/document/pag ... 100618.pdf
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

Luckydave
Current Ride: Burgman 650 and others

Post by Luckydave »

I test rode the X-ADV and loved it BUT wouldn’t replace my Burgie 650 with one,I’ve thought of replacing my Hondamatic with an NC750 though,maybe next year.I was speaking to an old guy regarding the NC750/X-ADV last week and he reckons the engine is half a Jaz car engine! Is that correct?

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

I have a nc750x Dct 2017 year model.

The GOOD

Storage is 22 litres so not bad at all
Plenty of top boxes available
Dct makes life really easy indeed
Great on fuel!!!
Cheap to insure
7k miles prior to tyre replacement ish!
Wind protection improved over previous model
About 40kg lighter than burgman. I've had both...
Excellent turn of speed especially in sport mode
Cheap enough to service
Plenty of good after market stuff....screens end cans etc...
Exceptionally reliable
Comfortable seating position
Great for filtering
Prices
Dct

The Could Improves.....

14.1 litre fuel tank, could use another 5 litres or so
Seat fairly firm!
No cruise control
Chain maintenance grrrr same for all chain driven bikes

Hope this helps there are plenty of review's on line. I'd have it over a burger which was facelifted some 5 years ago now

Hope this helps!!

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Steve_D wrote:Funnily enough, I sold my once-a-year touring bike, a FJR, last year as it was hardly used. I’d been going on a Euro trip with 3 mates for the last 6 years. This year they are riding to Corsica. I, on the other hand, am flying out and meeting there (£98 return, Air Corsica) and hiring a bike for three days (€320). The bike I’m getting is an NCX 750 so it will be an interesting comparison. Will that be a clutchless one?

I think it will be a manual clutch Steve as it doesn't say DCT, just ncx. 110 euros a day !! its only 7 rupees (£7.50) a day for a bullet in Goa. :lol: 8-)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

horobags wrote:
Steve_D wrote:Funnily enough, I sold my once-a-year touring bike, a FJR, last year as it was hardly used. I’d been going on a Euro trip with 3 mates for the last 6 years. This year they are riding to Corsica. I, on the other hand, am flying out and meeting there (£98 return, Air Corsica) and hiring a bike for three days (€320). The bike I’m getting is an NCX 750 so it will be an interesting comparison. Will that be a clutchless one?

I think it will be a manual clutch Steve as it doesn't say DCT, just ncx. 110 euros a day !! its only 7 rupees (£7.50) a day for a bullet in Goa. :lol: 8-)
Lol. I bet it not £98 scheduled return and two hours to get there though!
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

All the above good points, i have had 6 x 650 Burgers and a 400...great machines. I have also had a 700cc Integra plus two 750's, plus a 750X all DCT models.. better that of a burger as i can move them around, i now have the X-ADV...OE: chain has never been much good so a chain oiler is a must. 8000 miles service intervals 80mpg if you use a gentle right hand, on the X-ADV fuel consumption has risen as they have changed the gearing a little, but 72 is still possible.
Lyn.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

btw I have considered the 750X before...but whilst it looks cheap on paper, its not very well equipped. If you consult the accesssories catalogue, and add on various essential or desirable items eg Centrestand, higher screen, more luggage, wind deflectors (it looks more or less naked as standard), maybe a chain oiler, etc you find you've added well over a £1000 to the list price, and suddenly a conventional maxi-scoot looks quite competitively priced!
The X-ADV is better equipped as standard, though I'd still need a Scottoiler or similar.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

The reason I chose to sell my TMax was that I was getting about 53-56 mpg off it, for the few rides I had before the march event that means I can't ride till next march, I was getting near 78-82mpg on the NCX for my commute. This mpg difference per year is a huge saving and would pay towards servicing if I couldn't be bothered myself. Also because everything is far more accessible servicing in theory should be cheaper.

After that... all the positive's charles has mentioned and, compared to the TMax MK3 seat, the seating is firm but I find that very comfortable. The tank size doesn't bother me either, its the same as the TMax but as I am getting more mpg its a non issue.

I did my first chain clean last weekend, as I had not really touched the bike since march it was looking a little rusty. But a good scrub and heavy lube to keep it well protected over the next 8 months and it looks nice again. However... chain cleaning isn't much fun so that is the only negative vs belt drive.

Is it better than my TMax? Gut feel... yes, but I'll have to wait till March next year to really find out.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

@hayabusa
in answer to your question I DON'T have an auto oiler and currently use WD-40 chain wax every 500 miles (which I bought on offer from Amazon) Seriously I don'think anybody could dislike chain drive more than me.
Shame to hear Lyn has chain woes as I'm impressed so far but then I've come to Honda from Suzuki & their spaghetti hoop chain build

Totally throwing a wild card in the mix how about a Honda crossrunner (I believe Honda are discontinuing the model as not a great seller & DCT available)