Is NC750X a worthy alternative to a maxi?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Re: Is NC750X a worthy alternative to a maxi?

Post by phantom309 »

i know there are a lot of wing lovers out there , :kiss: but i didn't like mine :( . the 650 burger was so much more refined an nicer to ride... everything was just more 8-) , just like the service costs... but that didn't come into my comments as it was written off before i got to a service :roll: .. which is also why the NC750 got a plus vote , for it's 8000 mile intervals ... i would still concider another scooter , as i often do change my bikes quite a bit :D . still waiting to see what the new forza 300 looks like in the flesh ...the new 400 burgman was a little bit of a let down after owning the two previous model versions . that were better comfort an seemed quicker too.?
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

defscoot
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by defscoot »

Well it appears that beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

The important thing is whether a person likes riding his/her own bike.

And the only way to find out what type/model of bike one will like is to try as many as possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

As opinion on the bumps handling on the 650 seems so mixed, I wonder if there was a point some improvements were made ? A chap on one stopped next to me out here in the moors a few weeks ago and mumbled on about the poor roads and how bad it felt, mind you it looked like a pretty recent one. I don`t think he had actually got on to the really poor small back roads.

Must make a point of trying one some time, saying that the SW ( a bit lighter ) nearly fell on me the other day backing it down/out of my garage, and nearly put myself in Hospital trying to hold it, and did only just about keep it up.

One thing I will say with my SW with its hump off its overall the most comfortable bike !!! I`ve ever ridden really, and you can knock some serious hours up on it. I`ve done 7 1/2 riding in 8 hours one day and got off feeling totally OK.

Re not liking SW clocks ( I do like them ), oddly I`ve never liked the look of the burger 650 seat or pillion plastic for the feet.

Best Mark.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

XP500FUN wrote:As opinion on the bumps handling on the 650 seems so mixed, I wonder if there was a point some improvements were made ? A chap on one stopped next to me out here in the moors a few weeks ago and mumbled on about the poor roads and how bad it felt, mind you it looked like a pretty recent one. I don`t think he had actually got on to the really poor small back roads.
The Burger 650 has a twin-shock rear suspension setup (did I dream that the revised 2013 version has moved to a monoshock??? :?: ) which really wasn't that sophisticated. As I've said, it all worked fine on reasonably smooth roads but was hard work on back roads - it just felt so cumbersome. And on cobbles, it felt like it was going to shake itself to pieces!! Several owners put different shocks on eg Fournales air shocks, and said it improved things somewhat, so maybe the design of the OE shockers themselves was a bit weak. I swapped mine for a mk3 Tmax, and the difference in riding experience on the same back roads was amazing - what was a miserable slog on the Burger was hilarious fun on the Tmax!

defscoot

Post by defscoot »

MrGrumpy wrote:
XP500FUN wrote:As opinion on the bumps handling on the 650 seems so mixed, I wonder if there was a point some improvements were made ? A chap on one stopped next to me out here in the moors a few weeks ago and mumbled on about the poor roads and how bad it felt, mind you it looked like a pretty recent one. I don`t think he had actually got on to the really poor small back roads.
The Burger 650 has a twin-shock rear suspension setup (did I dream that the revised 2013 version has moved to a monoshock??? :?: ) which really wasn't that sophisticated. As I've said, it all worked fine on reasonably smooth roads but was hard work on back roads - it just felt so cumbersome. And on cobbles, it felt like it was going to shake itself to pieces!! Several owners put different shocks on eg Fournales air shocks, and said it improved things somewhat, so maybe the design of the OE shockers themselves was a bit weak. I swapped mine for a mk3 Tmax, and the difference in riding experience on the same back roads was amazing - what was a miserable slog on the Burger was hilarious fun on the Tmax!
Damn it Mr Grumpy, you’re really making me want a TMax now. :-D

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

defscoot wrote: Damn it Mr Grumpy, you’re really making me want a TMax now. :-D

That's because everyone really needs a Tmax!! :lol: :lol:

XP500FUN
Benefactor

Post by XP500FUN »

Mr G speaks good things, and gives good advice.

I have a nice black Silverwing I do love, but try to get a T Max if you can, maybe a nice MK3, then buy the YSS ajustable shock as an add ( £200/£220 ) on in the future and they are even better/more comfy.

They are simply superb on the back roads.

If I wasn`t semi buggered hips wise I`d get one tomorrow ) or thereabouts ).

I`ve been out for a nice 1 and 1/2 hour wibble on the Silverwing tonight, and although the usual struggle on the small roads loved it, but my old T max Mk1 used to put a smile on my face from start to finish and less Aarrrrrgggghhhh and Oh My God moments you inevitably get with most scooters when scratching.

I`ve had loads of bikes. The T Max was the best I ever owned by far.

Best Mark.

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

have to agree with XP500FUN, the Tmax is a hoot , i had the mk1 , with a few extras . yamaha R6 brakes, mallossi clutch , it was really quick. would have a newer one but they seem to have got over sized for my little legs ? the latest one i can't touch the floor..???? still not ridden the x-max 400 yet thought , just to see if they are any good for me
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

XP500FUN
Benefactor

Post by XP500FUN »

Do Yamaha still make the Majesty ? though unit swing rear end wise.

If one of the 300 cc size scooters had a proper swinging arm I`d burst in to Barclay s and go for a 2 year odd old one.

I wish I had kept my old T max and got one of the lowering springs from Hyperpro.

Best Mark.

defscoot

Post by defscoot »

XP500FUN wrote:Do Yamaha still make the Majesty ? though unit swing rear end wise.

If one of the 300 cc size scooters had a proper swinging arm I`d burst in to Barclay s and go for a 2 year odd old one.

I wish I had kept my old T max and got one of the lowering springs from Hyperpro.

Best Mark.
A guy I watch on you tube has a majesty and says it rides like a bike compared to other scooters he’s own and he’s owned a lot.

I might try one as they’re really cheap secondhand.