Is NC750X a worthy alternative to a maxi?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Re: Is NC750X a worthy alternative to a maxi?

Post by halfabusa »

Yeah i had my share of crappy rear brakes on the fjr. Fully used to it now though.

Good to hear the engine braking and downshifts are done in a natural way rather than a mind of its own. As in the automatic cars they don't downshift unless they are in sports mode
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

***i also prefer diesel cars to petrol)***

You will love the NC range of engines then, just what i say to people..if you like cars with diesel motors in them you will get on ok with the NC's
Re: super duper Race type auto change gearboxes Mr Grumpy Sir, the NC is a cheap bike bike at 7grand...I no i have one and i only stick up for what i think is a good idea/system...as said i would love another T-MAX and a big Burger if the weight came off, so three totally different bikes...love um all me.... :lol: And if you think about it even the very cheaps machines of today are far and away better that we had 20 years ago..
PS: i have bought and ridden some right dogs of machines over the years :lol: :lol:

Flyingpanman
Current Ride: Honda SH350i

Post by Flyingpanman »

A couple of weeks ago, My mate and I tried out a pair of Africa twins - the new Adventure Sports versions. He had the DCT version and I had the manual. We found them a bit too high on the suspension and not quite what we were looking for. Brilliant bikes for the UK's 'B' roads with rough surfaces gravel, and pot holes.

Last week, My mate tried the standard Africa Twin version with manual gearbox and I tried the latest X-ADV. I expected the X-ADV to be softer in the suspension. Not the best for cushioning the inevitable pot-holes. I found the X-ADV too firm and quite wide to sit on.

However, the latest generation of the 750cc engine and DCT gearbox with 3 Sport modes is brilliant. At one point we had a bit of a drag race and the 750 X-ADV (in Sport 3 mode) was beating the 1000cc Africa Twin.

For this reason, I shall be trying out a new 750 Integra and NC750X DCT to see if they are more suited to me physically.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Flyingpanman wrote: Last week, My mate tried the standard Africa Twin version with manual gearbox and I tried the latest X-ADV. I expected the X-ADV to be softer in the suspension. Not the best for cushioning the inevitable pot-holes. I found the X-ADV too firm and quite wide to sit on.
Yeah, I was surprised that the X-ADV's ride wasn't more forgiving, given its off-road pretensions- though is it adjustable??
If I was to buy one of this range, I'd go for the new model Integra, now with similar storage space to the X-ADV (1 full face helmet), probably better wind protection, but without the Wire Wheels and semi-trail type tyres. I imagine that the 17" wheels F&R would make a much bigger range of tyres available to it.

defscoot
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by defscoot »

kayz1 wrote:All the above good points, i have had 6 x 650 Burgers and a 400...great machines. I have also had a 700cc Integra plus two 750's, plus a 750X all DCT models.. better that of a burger as i can move them around, i now have the X-ADV...OE: chain has never been much good so a chain oiler is a must. 8000 miles service intervals 80mpg if you use a gentle right hand, on the X-ADV fuel consumption has risen as they have changed the gearing a little, but 72 is still possible.
Lyn.
Hi Lyn,

How does the ride quality compare between a burger 650 and Integra? Is the Integra much better over the bumps/potholes?

I am torn between motorbike and scooter, I prefer the ride quality of my bike but I like the scooter for a whole host of other reasons.

The Integra being a combination of the two seems like a good idea.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Hi, Integra is more like a bike in the ride and does ( as far as cheap-ish suspenders can allow ) glide over pot holes...well, compared with the suspension on the Big Burger. I must admit the Burger was OK on motorways that were well maintained but local and minor A roads i found the crashing and general rough handling to be the Burgers biggest let down..I spent over a grand ( i still have the Ohlins rear shocks ) trying to sort the back end..Going cheap if you no anybody wants them....
Integra i made foot pegs for it before they became available in the shops, made it a whole lot better as it is not a full on feet forward ride if that is what you are looking for, made it better on long rides to move around. Bad bit,,,not much room under the seat, but the new one is better again.
If i was being offered a FREE Big Burger or a FREE Integra today i would take the Integra....i no it has a chain but they really are not the hard work people say, and before i HAD to ride an Auto i had ridden norma; bikes with chains for 25 years.

defscoot

Is NC750X a worthy alternative to a maxi?

Post by defscoot »

kayz1 wrote:Hi, Integra is more like a bike in the ride and does ( as far as cheap-ish suspenders can allow ) glide over pot holes...well, compared with the suspension on the Big Burger. I must admit the Burger was OK on motorways that were well maintained but local and minor A roads i found the crashing and general rough handling to be the Burgers biggest let down..I spent over a grand ( i still have the Ohlins rear shocks ) trying to sort the back end..Going cheap if you no anybody wants them....
Integra i made foot pegs for it before they became available in the shops, made it a whole lot better as it is not a full on feet forward ride if that is what you are looking for, made it better on long rides to move around. Bad bit,,,not much room under the seat, but the new one is better again.
If i was being offered a FREE Big Burger or a FREE Integra today i would take the Integra....i no it has a chain but they really are not the hard work people say, and before i HAD to ride an Auto i had ridden norma; bikes with chains for 25 years.
Great, thanks for responding. Having currently got a bike (CB500x) and a scooter (Xmax 125), I need to end up with having only one of them to keep costs down.

Was thinking of selling both and getting a burger 650 but I read a lot of forum posts about bad ride quality which seems to plague all scooters.

So the new Integra seems like a good option as it has slightly bigger storage under the seat and the optional storage of top box and panniers looks great on it.

I'm hoping that it rides like my cb500x but with all the benefits of a scooter that I like!

Think I'll head down to Honda dealer and see if they have a demo I can ride for a few hours.

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

4 letters needed here Defscoot.

" T.max " you will never look back.

As good as a bike,( better than many ) but a scooter.

Best Mark.

defscoot

Post by defscoot »

XP500FUN wrote:4 letters needed here Defscoot.

Best Mark.
I realised I put TMax by mistake in my post above when it’s an xmax I have.

I’ll take a look at the tmax also. I watched reviews on it and it looks fantastic but in the reviews no one compares the ride quality to a bike so I was never sure how good it was.

Guess I need to try one at a local dealer. And sell everything I own to be able to afford it. :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Post by halfabusa »

XP500FUN wrote:4 letters needed here Defscoot.

Best Mark.
The new DX model looked very attractive to me too but living so close to London, it also gets unwanted attraction from scum, which is why I am leaning towards a bike that's has less scum-magnetism. I wish the crime wasn't as bad as it is now, because it's directly affecting my choices.
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...