Visor Down Bmw C400

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Visor Down Bmw C400

Post by charles1976 »

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Re: Visor Down Bmw C400

Post by smeghead »

So no ''feet forward nonsense'' and a Chinese made engine. That's a bargain at £7k then. Not.

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

I'm not slagging it off Meldrew. Merely pointing out the rider thinks feet forward is nonsense and the engine is Chinese. Nothing wrong with that, some of the parts on my Vespa are Chinese made. It looks a bit pricey to me.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Still, we don't need to ride one to see how hideous it looks in the photos!

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Should we take .... ‘vibration decoupled engine mount’ ..... as, we've pinched the idea from the 1970's Norton Commando 'Iso-elastic' system ?
Have wheels, will travel :D

rjc1944
Current Ride: 2009 Burgman 400

Post by rjc1944 »

I used to understand the principles of buying bikes, scooters or cars. You could go for cheapness and buy from China, India, Taiwan or other emerging countries with low wages and commensurately low prices. Or you could buy quality, from Europe, America or Japan, with high wages and high quality control producing a high value and highly priced product.

Nowadays it seems that you still pay the high prices but the manufacturers outsource their production to wherever the labour rates are cheapest. That's the supermarket mentality - pile it high and sell it cheap, but without the "sell it cheap" bit. We used to call it profiteering.
2009 Burgman 400 in sunny Perranporth :D
Always seek the happy medium - she's out there, riding her scooter.

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Meldrew wrote:Marketing is everything bud, an aircraft sick bag is now called a Motion Disturbance Receptacle. :)

Indeed bud, that it is, now if you'll excuse me >>>>>>>>>>> icon_sick.gif icon_ill.gif
Have wheels, will travel :D

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

rjc1944 wrote:I used to understand the principles of buying bikes, scooters or cars. You could go for cheapness and buy from China, India, Taiwan or other emerging countries with low wages and commensurately low prices. Or you could buy quality, from Europe, America or Japan, with high wages and high quality control producing a high value and highly priced product.
I guess the situation is more complex now - and developing. To an extent there have been products made in the Far East by Western manufacturers, with at least in theory, Western standards of quality control and production processes - the supreme example being the the iPhone. OR, there have been products made by Far Eastern companies themselves, which are basically cheaply designed and and have more variable quality control, but are sold cheaply. However, of course, things change. The big 4 Japanese bike companies were firmly in the cheap and crappy category in the early 60s but they developed to produce world leading products. Ditto, the Taiwanese, who have gone from being makers of cheap copies to brand leaders (Kymco, Sym). There is no reason why mainland Chinese companies shouldn't also make this jump - in 30 years we may well be saying to ourselves that we want a genuine Chinese made scoot (eg by Loncin) as they are excellent scoots well put together!!

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

*****There is no reason why mainland Chinese companies shouldn't also make this jump ******
They have already, the Chinese will make you what ever you want to the standard you spec out.
They make Lathes and Milling machines for some of the biggest names in the manufacturing
business...in fact they make the machines that make the machines for other company's. They
make some of the finest CNC equipment on the planet for other company's as well as own name
stuff..Plus don't forget they are making Merc, BMW, Ford, GM Europe/USA cars and parts. And
just guess who makes the air-traffic control equipment that we buy at extortionate cost from
American....and the Americans ( in the form of Mr Trump ) ave started a trade war with them.
:lol:
Lyn.

newscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Grinnall BMW trike

Post by newscooter »

Thanks Meldrew, that's really cheered me up but it's all too true alas!