No wind noise at all

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: No wind noise at all

Post by MrGrumpy »

rayb wrote:The screen I fitted was too small so I added one of these. It has made a significant difference.

Yeah - as I said in my post, these sorts of deflectors do seem to give a worthwhile improvement, and are normally cheaper than a new screen (and less work to fit!).

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

MrGrumpy wrote:
rayb wrote:The screen I fitted was too small so I added one of these. It has made a significant difference.

Yeah - as I said in my post, these sorts of deflectors do seem to give a worthwhile improvement, and are normally cheaper than a new screen (and less work to fit!).
I didn't expect much for £22.00 but thought it worth getting just to see the results. It's a sturdy bit of kit and works a treat.

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

No questio the best screen I’ve ever had is the one now fitted to my Burgman 400.
Givi AF266 Airflow.

Excellent.

defscoot
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by defscoot »

muddyfox wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:01 am
defscoot wrote:
muddyfox wrote:defscoot this improved things vastly for me. I know it appears daft to go smaller for quietness but in my humble opinion its all about where the turbulence hits you.
http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/forum/vie ... er#p259564
This arrived yesterday! On another post you said it helped so I ordered it. Will fit it this weekend.
Keep us updated.
Only just got round to fitting the screen. I am hopeless at anything mechanical but thought I would try it.

Everything went smoothly, all the plastic came off as it should, all screws came out and back in ok, screen went on and all plastics nicely slotted back into place.

I couldn't believe how well it went (for my skill level).

I put it back in the garage ready to test tomorrow morning on the commute (too warm to get geared up tonight for a test) and shut the garage door.

Patting myself on the back for a job well done I look down to see the rubber seal from one side of the screen on the floor! Damn it. :roll:

Will have to take it all off again to fit it as the battery is under there so it needs a seal.

Oh well, it's all practice. :-D

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

defscoot wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:55 pm

Patting myself on the back for a job well done I look down to see the rubber seal from one side of the screen on the floor! Damn it. :roll:

Will have to take it all off again to fit it as the battery is under there so it needs a seal.

Oh well, it's all practice. :-D
Been there...done that....(or many very similar things....sigh)

Spoogle
Current Ride: X-Max 400 ABS

Post by Spoogle »

rayb wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:56 am
MrGrumpy wrote:

I didn't expect much for £22.00 but thought it worth getting just to see the results. It's a sturdy bit of kit and works a treat.
@rayb Thanks for posting this link. I ordered one too and fitted it today. Only took about 5 minutes to install and after trying out various height and angle settings I have found that it has made a real difference to wind noise. Also the plastic is clear and has good visibility so all told this is a great bit of kit indeed.

Highly recommended :)

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

I fitted a large Givi screen on my Bergman Exec when I had it. Worked fine but at speed there was a depression behind it that actually pulled me forward. Fitting a Rifle air vent cured it and it was perfect - I could have my visor up at continental motorway speeds and I swear if I was still smoking, I could have smoked a fag behind it at 90mph. My SH has a Givi airflow. Also perfect.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

The Puig deflector I have on my Tmax mk6 also seems to create a pool of very still air in front of the lower part of the helmet. Great if you want to smoke, but on a very hot day, it does mean that opening the visor doesn't let much of a breeze through!