I have just bought 1 litre of Motul Scooter Power 10W30 grade JASO MB 4T Synthetic Oil from my Honda Dealer.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
SOOTYGULL
Current Ride: Honda Forza 125

Re: I have just bought 1 litre of Motul Scooter Power 10W30 grade JASO MB 4T Synthetic Oil from my Honda Dealer.

Post by SOOTYGULL »

Thanks for all the replies.

Years ago (1960s 70s) I just put whatever oil was available in my bikes and scooters.

But as engines have changed and rev higher especially my little Forza which I tend to run flat out a lot of the time, I thought I should read the JASO MA/MB tech bumf but quite honestly I was none the wiser :?

I just thought best bet was to go with MB as that was what the handbook said - next time I might try golden syrup. :lol:
Still Scooterin'

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Re: I have just bought 1 litre of Motul Scooter Power 10W30 grade JASO MB 4T Synthetic Oil from my Honda Dealer.

Post by Greyerbeard »

Good bike though, innit!
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

SOOTYGULL wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:40 am Thanks for all the replies.
next time I might try golden syrup. :lol:
well James May ran a c90 on used chip oil only fucking it up dropping it from a height.

Let us know how the golden syrup works might be a cheaper alternative,maybe upgrade to black treacle :mrgreen:

SOOTYGULL

Post by SOOTYGULL »

I know this may sound far fetched but I got to wondering whether golden syrup alone was enough.

You can get swarf building up in the oil so I thought why don't I go the whole hog and try a Golden Syrup Pudding, I think I can squeeze it down the oil filler hole.

I reckon the sponge would soak up the swarf and as long as I leave the drain plug out, gravity will allow the sponge to drop out leaving a beautiful clean engine inside.

I'll let you know how I get on. :D
Still Scooterin'

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Please,

I was thinking if drain plug was kept in till you rocked up at your destination then let hot sticky treacle pudding pour out,

but not sure how many miles before it burnt and syrup went beyond crystallized??

Bench test time, a whole range of MM cook books to follow beating the hairy bikers hands down

SOOTYGULL

Post by SOOTYGULL »

Greyerbeard wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:33 am Good bike though, innit!
You betcha but I am intrigued by the new Forza 300 in more or less the same body .. might have a test ride.
Still Scooterin'