My scooter has been stolen

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Re: My scooter has been stolen

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Oh yes, secondhand panels from a scrapyard. With the number of Maxsyms in the country (not many) I can't see many if any being in scrapyards.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Burgman1958 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:57 pm Oh yes, secondhand panels from a scrapyard. With the number of Maxsyms in the country (not many) I can't see many if any being in scrapyards.
Good point....for some reason I thought we were talking about a Burgman here....something to do with your user name!!

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Are the ins going to pay the storage and police sweetner fee. Usually £150 for the police plus whatver the compound is in charges per day.

Though why they don`t charge the crminals it is beyond me, especially when they catch them.

Its worth bearing in mind if you don`t claim, so its on top of the £800 if you will. Is it in one now adding up ?

All these costs even if covered by the ins company are effectively covered by us, honest and insured and taxed, MOT`d motorists.

Sorry again, its a flippin beggar allround.

Best Mark.

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

The utter bastards that nick stuff have no idea about how much this affects the poor sod who's property is pinched. I really hate these type of crimes, the Rozzers won't pursue the job as the likelihood of getting a result is very slim.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

@ burgman1958
due to your high excess they might not right it off but depends on the cost of panels new and if they have to be resprayed.

Have you looked on eBay France,Italy etc where these are better sellers. Also syms own country of origin.

There are several insurance 'breaker' firms (CoPlan) phone them as they may just have one lurking not advertised for the reason you state,scarcity of parts so no buyers??

Maxsymuppet

Post by Maxsymuppet »

All in all I hope they write it off. It will be easier all round. Plus even with shiny new panels I have no way of knowing what else they have done to it and if this will lead to problems. As to sourcing secondhand panels from ebay etc, even if I do this I will have to pay for them to be fitted. If it isn't written off it is costing me £800 (covered by selling my temporary Majesty) so I don't think it is worth the hassle to save maybe 2 or 3 hundred. As I say hopefully they will write it off and I can start afresh with a new one.

To add insult to injury I have just received a fixed penalty notice for riding in a bus lane. It was at 1:45 on the morning of the 26th (surely it is OK to use a bus lane at that time. There won't be any buses). It was stolen on the 21st and found on the 1st August so they were riding around on it for a few days. Probably till it ran out of fuel so they dumped it. Two others were found with it, so it looks like a regular team of joyriders.

I am now waiting for further fixed penalty notices to drop through my letter box. Bus lanes, speed cameras and who knows what else.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

As it's been recovered has any insurance assessor actually examined it yet,only their word is God so hopefully classed as non runner.

I'm fairly sure you don't have to accept it back expressing your fears of thrashed & dangerous condition.

Either way sadly it's your hard earned coin down the pan

Maxsymuppet

Post by Maxsymuppet »

As far as I know nobody has looked at it yet apart from me. As to accepting it back I will have to discuss this with the insurance company as I don't know how these things work. I last had a bike stolen in 1996 and that was a straight non-recovery and payout. I will wait to see what the insurance say and take it from there.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Loads of 24 hour bus lanes in Nottingham even though buses don't run 24 hours.
I would appeal the bus lane fine as you have, hopefully, proof the scooter was stolen during the time of the offence so you could not have been the rider.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

As above, I got an automated speeding fine for a car that I traded in some months before, sent photocopy of paperwork in & heard no more.
Have wheels, will travel :D