My scooter has been stolen

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

My scooter has been stolen

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Last night from my work car park while I was on night shift.

It was secured (or so I thought) to a metal post with a really thick cable lock through the back wheel held together by a D-lock. There have been a few thefts from here lately (mainly bicycles but a few motorbikes) and I thought it was secure enough. It is on CCTV and two lads on scooters rode up to it, smashed the D-lock with what appears to be a hammer and either pushed it away or rode it away very slowly. It had an immobiliser, so probably the former, to be dumped when they realise they can't start it or somewhere where they can get round the immobiliser. I actually hope it is gone for good, as this makes thing easier with the insurance. Rather than it turning up damaged and having to arrange for repair. Plus it may take a fair while to get the parts. Either that or it is damaged and written off.

In the meantime anyone in the West Midlands area, particularly Walsall, if you see a silver Maxsym DU17 NLK fitted with a tall Givi screen and a Givi 46 litre top case (though both have possibly been removed) please inform the police.

I will see what happens. If it turns up and if so what state it is in.

Oh yes, I thought of bringing in the thick hardened steel chain and padlock I use when at home, but I thought it would be too heavy to carry. Wish I had now. They wouldn't have got through that as easily if at all!

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Re: My scooter has been stolen

Post by rayb »

What a bummer! Am I right in thinking it's in a hospital carpark?

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

Sorry to hear that and I hope it gets sorted to your satisfaction.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Gutted to hear that.

Public forums are full of bike thefts nationally but the law won't allow public hangings so I guess we just have to accept these things but it boils my piss and wish total ill & harm to every bike thief.

As Roger says hope you get the outcome you desire (most likely because if they can't start it liable to torch it)

Maxsymuppet

Post by Maxsymuppet »

rayb wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:48 am What a bummer! Am I right in thinking it's in a hospital carpark?
The car park for the distribution centre for a well-known chain store.

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

So sorry to hear that, a right going on.

My son had 2 Motorbikes stolen and what a going on with work etc etc until he got sorted and the goings on ( and costs ) with the police used storage place etc etc.

Its better if they don`t find it as you say, so fingers crossed on that.

Its a flippin swine these days and I`m sure the police or the CPS are encouraged not to push things, maybe as the prisons are too full.

They caught the beggars who stole the first one among other peoples but did`nt even take it to court.

But gawd something needs to change, and soon its going nuts.

Anyway hope you can relax a bit and get over it OK as you can, rotten luck and sorry again.

Best Mark.

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Post by Alanzzg »

Sorry to hear you have lost your scooter.
I hope the thieving bastards catch a really nasty disease.
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Bastards icon_gun.gif
Have wheels, will travel :D

Wizard
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 530

Post by Wizard »

Sorry to hear this, Honestly its time the government clamped down on these thefts, half the time its the same scum doing it. There just not scared of the law.

Maxsymuppet

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Thanks all for your support. Hopefully it will be sorted out. I have to confirm this when I phone the insurance company in the morning but I recall it provides for a loan bike. A 125, so not what I am used to, but at least I can get around.

The CCTV system it is recorded on is a modern all singing all dancing digital system, so hopefully it will show the registration numbers of the bikes the thieves used. Leading to them being caught. But of course as things are with our wonderful (not) criminal justice system very little is likely to happen to them.

I can't stop thinking 'If only I had taken my padlock and chain with me. Then chances are it wouldn't have happened.' But of course it is too late for that.