CruiSym 300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Re: CruiSym 300

Post by muddyfox »

gasgas wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:25 pm Muddyfox: I see you are in Nottingham. I'm in Lutterworth, not a million miles away. If you want to see my Sym I could bring it up there one day. I'm retired so in theory any day is fine.
gasgas Thanks for your offer. I am also fortunate enough to have retired. I am certainly busier than when I was working that's for sure. Every day this week I have something planned. Golf, Bicycle rides, scooter rides, doctors appointments and funerals ( sure sign your retired when you attend more funerals than birthday parties) if the weather holds I am going to Little Snoring Sunday 12th August to meet the camping Muppets and ride to the coast with them. I am happy to meet you somewhere if you fancy tagging along. Failing that we could sort out a meeting one day week commencing 13th August. I've owned a couple of Syms myself and think they are very underrated. Looks like you sorted the link out. Sorry I did not copy properly. https://postimages.org/
Catch you soon.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

gasgas
Current Ride: Sym 300i

Post by gasgas »

I go to church on Sunday mornings, so unfortunately I can't make the 12th. I could do Saturday but not Sunday unfortunately. That is an area of the country I love to go to though. I like going to places like Kings Lynn, Humber Bridge, Cotswolds and so on, you feel as if you have actually been somewhere as opposed to just shopping.
Since I got a bit old and decrepit I have been looking for two wheels that I can comfortably do 300 miles in a day and I have tried all sorts. I tried a Tiger 800 which was lovely but had a fatal (possibly literally) flaw. Don't get a Triumph Tiger 800 anyone, it has a starter system where the button sends a message to the Computer. If you have just stalled the engine for any reason the button has to be kept pressed for a full two seconds before the Computer then sends 12v to the starter motor. That isn't much good if you have just pulled out onto a fast road and a big truck is coming towards you. As soon as I found that out it went to the nearest dealer for a trade in. I call that corporate manslaughter. Whoever thought of that needs depositing in an active volcano. I got a Moto Guzzi Breva 750, which was lovely but had a riding position too much like a race horse jockey with knees bent and my left leg hurt like a very hurting thing so that had to go. I got a Benelli TNT125 which was lovely but had no carrying space. I traded that for this CruSym and now I have the seat done, it's wonderful. I've done 900 miles now and there are no rattles or any minor complaint I can think of. I have something called Illiotable Band Syndrome which is a painful outside leg when I sit in a cramped position. So I am very happy indeed with the SYM, it has adequate power to easily reach and exceed speed limits, it's very comfortable and quiet. A bit too quiet for a motorcycle really, you can't hear any engine noise going at 60mph. I want to stick a big long drill up the exhaust pipe!
One reason for buying it, I must admit, was that it comes with a 5 year warranty. I thought that was good till i read the terms and conditions which state that it has to be serviced by a SYM dealer every 6 months. That is all well and good for India or China where it is your only means of transport and used every day but it is hardly applicable to the UK where we mostly use a 2 wheeler in the summer and stick it in the garage for the winter. I'm not going to take it for a service 3 miles after it was last serviced, so the warranty is out the window and I will therefore service it myself once a year with about 4000 mile intervals. As for them being underrated, the SYM dealer I got it from is a main Kawasaki dealer, along with RE, Benelli and some other Chinese makes and several of the staff there, mechanics as well as salesmen say the SYM is far better built than Kawasaki. It would be nice if that proves to be the case.
Anyway muddyfox, if you would like a ride some time next week when the weather is amenable (this hot weather we have been having hasn't been the best for riding has it?) I would love to go somewhere with you. I don't suppose you want to go on Monday, having been out all day Sunday. Any day is fine by me if you want to suggest something.

gasgas
Current Ride: Sym 300i

Post by gasgas »

I have a question that isn't in the FAQs.
Can we get an email to our email address when a reply is posted to a topic / thread we have written? If so what buttons do I have to press?

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

gasgas wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:21 am I have a question that isn't in the FAQs.
Can we get an email to our email address when a reply is posted to a topic / thread we have written? If so what buttons do I have to press?
In your control panel options under board preferences, notification options.

muddyfox
Benefactor

Post by muddyfox »

gasgas "I don't suppose you want to go on Monday, having been out all day Sunday. Any day is fine by me if you want to suggest something"
I am playing in a seniors golf competition on Monday. I will have a look and do some rearranging for Wednesday. I will send you a private message.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

muddyfox
Benefactor

Post by muddyfox »

gasgas Private Message sent to you. Please check your inbox. Cheers.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

Now coming up to 5000km on the Sym, time to change the oil again. I have been riding the Sym as my main bike for the last few months, and my Silverwing600 only gets a run once a week. I really am most impressed with the sym, on country roads it handles very well and the acceleration is surprisingly quick. The tyres are Maxxi's, never had these before but again very impressed. The led lighting is excellent, now the weather is getting colder I am wearing heavier riding gear, so this is more like winter riding will be, looking forward to it.

Bern

Post by Bern »

Excellent, I'm pleased it's working out well for you bud icon_thumbs_up.gif

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Not sure if you`ve mentioned this elsewhere Sylar but how is the sym om bumps and poor roads compared to the Silverwing.

As mentioned elswhere Maxxis are a little hard so that might affect it slightly.

I can see myself going to one of these at some point and I rarely go over 60 or 70 anyway.

Best Mark.

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

There is a slight problem on the Sym, to alter the rear shocks you would need to take the exhaust off ( not enough room for a "C" spanner to turn) so I have left it on standard setting, which is three of four, and it is a bit hard. On bumps and bad roads, a little better than the Wing, because of less weight I am getting used to it.