CruiSym 300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Re: CruiSym 300

Post by Sylar »

I looked at the joymax300i. Main difference for me, the extra leg room on the cruisym. I also did not like the indicators on the mirrors. I think they both have the same engine. They were both the same price new, when I bought mine.

marval
Current Ride: Aprilia sr gt

Post by marval »

I have owned a 300gts and a 400 maxsym, both good scooters, I do like the look of the Cruisym but the only things that I struggle with are Moto GB and their poor quality dealers. The new Forza 300 at only £100 more, with glowing reviews so far and extensive dealer network will I fear have some effect on sales.

gasgas
Current Ride: Sym 300i

Post by gasgas »

I bought one a couple of weeks ago. No test ride, they didn't have any available for test rides. I can undersand that - it's not the best seller so they can't be sure of selling a new one on the basis of providing a tester. I tried a Kawasaki 300 scooter which was comfortable but lacked storage and feet positions. I thought the Sym with its better storage and feet positions would be the same ride. I thought"give the Chinese a chance, someone has to, and remember in the late 1960 we all thought that Japanese bikes were crap".
The CruiSym was so bumpy and uncomfortable I hated it. This may have been because as it was running in I was going down C class roads not wanting to be harried by fast cars and trucks. The next day I went to the Vespa shop and asked about a Part Ex. They would give me £2000 less than I paid, so obviously that wasn't an option. That drop wasn't because it was chinese, it's just that it is now a used scooter and they can't charge 20% VAT like they do on a new one so as soon as you take a new vehicle out it loses over 20%.
I studied the CruiSym seat, and if you do you will see that the foam where you sit is only 1" thick. That might be fine for a 5 stone Chinese person or Indian but not much good for us Europeans who weigh 14 stone! So I figured that it would be cheaper to get the seat re-upholstered than trade it. After all, the performance, handling, storage, feet positioning, mirrors, screen, engine, everything else is perfect. So I took it to a vehicle upholsterer and had a fabulous job done. He added 3" of foam to the sit-upon part and 1" to the sides, to give more square inches of sitting area as well as more comfort. It is now like riding an armchair, it's fabulous. I would like to add photos here, but it may fail because of file size.
Yep. Error: can't add attachment because of file size. It doesn't tell you what the max file size is though.
If I find out how to reduce the file size I'll post the pictures. It's a red CruiSym and the seat now has a matching red lower part.

gasgas

Post by gasgas »

I tried emailing the admin but it wouldn't send. Can someone tell me the max size for a picture? Then I'll see if I can resize them appropriately.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

gasgas I've already welcomed you in the introduce your self section. I also left this link to a free photo app that most Muppets use to publish their photo's
httpsstimages.org/
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

Very interesting gasgas, as the seat did seem a bit thin. After a couple of hours riding it is down right uncomfortable. How much was the seat conversion? it is something I would definitely consider. As for the dealer I only visit a dealer to buy a bike, and sometimes for spares but, I never let them service or touch my bike once I have bought it.

gasgas

Post by gasgas »

Thanks for the welcome. I paid £130 for the seat conversion. My stance on it is that it is a lot cheaper than buying an alternative bike with a comfortable seat but small storage and poor feet position. Suppose Sym were to offer a thicker seat, as some bike manufacturers do. Would I pay an extra £130 for this seat? As sure as God made little green apples, I would.
I think / hope I have resized the pictures so here goes:

Huh. That photo I tried was 380kb and I still got the 'file size too big' message.
I'll try that method recommended above.

gasgas

Post by gasgas »

I couldnt make that www work muddyfox. It said the site doesn't exist.
Try this:
Nope. 463Kb is too large.
can you check the spelling of that site please muddyfox?

gasgas

Post by gasgas »

Muddyfox: I see you are in Nottingham. I'm in Lutterworth, not a million miles away. If you want to see my Sym I could bring it up there one day. I'm retired so in theory any day is fine.

gasgas

Post by gasgas »

Try this: