CruiSym 300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

CruiSym 300

Post by Sylar »

To anyone interested. I have had my cruisym 300 for a couple of months now. Currently at 2860km( speedo is in km). Compared to my Silverwing 600. The Sym has nearly same seat night so great for short legs(29"). Screen is ideal hight for me at ( I'm 5' 10"). Good clear instruments, speedo in km, and clock 24 hrs only drawback. Underseat storage is exceptional with no need for a topbox. There is a 12 v socket and USB connector. The wing mirrors fold in, great for me, going through my gates. I average 90 mpg. Engine is very responsive ( much like my old Burgman400). Now it is run in it cruises happily at 50/60 mph and will top 90mph if pushed. Tyres are Maxxi,s and no problem's with them in the dry (not used in rain yet). Changing oil was straight forward, and only holds 1ltre, same for final drive oil which hold about three eggcupfuls. There was a problem filling the fuel tank,until I realized it had an anti siphon device in it, and you need to push the filling pipe against it to fuel up. Anyone considering one of these bikes will not fail o be impressed, of course I cannot speak for long term reliability etc, but time will tell.

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Re: CruiSym 300

Post by rayb »

And it looks like 5 year warranty. I guess a local dealer would be useful? Did you say you are 5'10" and 29" leg?

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Hi Sylar, I`ve been considering one of these as struggling with the weight of my silverwing.

As you can probably guess my usual issue what is it like at the back over potholes small rural roads etc etc compared to the Silverwing, which can struggle.

It sounds great and is is much easiler to manouver etc ?

Also as you probably know at slow speed the SW can be quite tippy and nearly catch you out. Is this any better, and how is it for getting on and off comapred to the SW please.

The MPG`s are amazing.

I know they make good bikes, my sons little 50cc scooter was brilliant, Sym jet 2 stroke.

Many Thanks Mark.

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

XP500FUN wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:42 am Hi Sylar, I`ve been considering one of these as struggling with the weight of my silverwing.

As you can probably guess my usual issue what is it like at the back over potholes small rural roads etc etc compared to the Silverwing, which can struggle.

It sounds great and is is much easiler to manouver etc ?

Also as you probably know at slow speed the SW can be quite tippy and nearly catch you out. Is this any better, and how is it for getting on and off comapred to the SW please.

The MPG`s are amazing.

I know they make good bikes, my sons little 50cc scooter was brilliant, Sym jet 2 stroke.

Many Thanks Mark.
Sounds like you need an SH300 Mark.

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

You might be right seriously thinking of a 300 something I even wondered about a 125 but a step too far back from the Silverwing I think.

By what Sylar says the 300 sym isn`t that far back.

It sounds great.

Best Mark.

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

300 and 400cc seems to be the sweet spot!!

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

The SYM has all the benefits of the Silverwing, without the weight, which was my main purpose of buying one. I am 5" 10" and inside leg is 29" so low seat height was another reason to buy, over a Xmax. I am finding my own way around the bike as the Hanbook is very nearly useless. It does have a five year warranty but that, I take that with a pinch of salt, as I always do my own servicing and maintainance. because it is a new model there is no workshop manual available yet, so I will use the Joymax 300 settings for torque values( which I found on the sym website) when I need to. I have a top box on the Silverwing but, there is so much room under the seat I don't need one on the SYM. Mounting and dismounting I use the same system sat on bike put side stand down dismount, put on centre stand,mounting sit on bike push bike off main stand away you go. One other point is ,to adjust rear springs you have to take Exhaust off as "C" spanner has no room to turn, I 've left it on settings it comes with 3rd setting of 4, It is a bit hard on this setting but I'm getting used to it and it does not stop me going round bends at 60 mph when allowed. One other point I'm on my second Silverwing at 38,400mls and did 40,000mls on my first one so over 78000mls on Silverwings.

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

I have always like these since they came out. That said my MAXsym 600 performs effortlessly but only returns typically 70mpg which is fine. I have someone interested in my Vespa Gts 300 who wants to view it next week when I am back from camping in Norwich. If it sells I am very tempted to go with the Cruisym 300i and then sell the MAXsym 600😢😢
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Hi Sylar. Good to see you are happy with your Sym. They make good scooters. I had a Maxsym 600i up till Saturday when it was stolen (see the 'My scooter has been stolen' topic.)

The tyres in the wet - you shouldn't have any problems. I certainly didn't have with mine. As to the odometer reading in kms, there should be some way of changing it to miles. There was on mine. Have another look at your handbook or ask your dealer. The fuel tank anti-syphon - this caught me out the first time I refuelled, causing me to spray fuel over a garage forecourt. Took me a few seconds to suss it out.

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

SYM do seem to make cracking scooters. Looking at thier website they also make a Joymax 300i same money. What's the difference? Also just seen a brand new Joymax for 4k