CruiSym 300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Re: CruiSym 300

Post by XP500FUN »

Thanks well if its a little better than the Silverwing, going to be a lot better with a city grip or old style Diablo on then.

Love my silverwing but gawd its hard work to my garage and back.

Best Mark.Thanks again.

gasgas
Current Ride: Sym 300i

Post by gasgas »

I have been out in the dark for the first time on my CruiSym. I must say I was very impressed indeed with the lights, they are as good as you could wish for. Speeding on country lanes is no problem, the high beam is fantastic, and the dip is excellent as well.
I did wonder if some vents would be a good idea behind the radiator to let some heat through to the rider's legs . . . . If I worked at Rolls Royce factory I am sure it could be done . . . . :P :roll:

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

Meldrew wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:47 pm If you wanted heater vents, you should have bought the Joymax 300 instead of the Cruisym.
Heater vent also comes as standard on the MaxSYM 600 and it does a reasonable job!
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

gasgas

Post by gasgas »

I presume you can shut off those heater vents in the summer, otherwise it would be too hot.

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

gasgas wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:00 am I presume you can shut off those heater vents in the summer, otherwise it would be too hot.
You certainly can!
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

I fitted an Issota winter screen to my Cruisym300. It cost just over one hundred pounds. It was about five inches too high to see over, so it cut it down, downside is, mirrors cannot be folded back. To anyone looking at one , I would say don't bother not that much improvement on the original. I have my handlebar muffs on now and with the heated grips all is well. Had some sunny wintery days last few weeks and very enjoyable rides.

gasgas

Post by gasgas »

Sylar - where do you connect the heated grips to? I've had a few motorbikes and fitted heated grips easily enough but I haven't dismantled the Sym enough to see where to connect to.

gasgas

Post by gasgas »

Today was forecast OK in my area and I haven't been for a ride for two months - (been cruising to the Caribbean on the Marco Polo - with the pensioner cocaine smugglers you've probably read about!) . So today I thought I had better pump up the tyres and give the Sym a run.
I've just got back from one of those rides you wish you hadn't done. I did 110 motorway miles, and of course it was light and dry when I started out. I went to look at a motorbike I fancied. Of course ten miles up the road it started raining, and in December the rain is cold, isn't it? Instead of being a sensible person and turning back I carried on. I got to the bike shop, dripping and cold. They didn't offer me a seat in a warm room or a hot coffee. I looked at the bike and decided it wasn't for me. By now of course my waterproof gloves were soaked through, but never mind in the Sym's cavernous boot I have a spare dry pair. I went to a general store and bought some very fetching pink washing up gloves and put them on over the dry gloves. That helped a great deal and I will keep my pink waterproof gloves in the boot from now on for when I get caught in the rain.
Of course by the time I left the shop it was dark and raining, and general chucking-out time for workers so I had to fiddle through an unknown town to the motorway where I stayed behind a truck, I dared not try to move out to the middle lane. All lanes were choked up with suicidal drivers polishing the car in front's rear bumper.
I got home and made a big puddle on the kitchen floor (of rain water, in case you are wondering) as I stood motionless, frozen to the spot. Heated gloves for Christmas please, Mrs gasgas.
As for the Sym300 Cruisym weather protection it was truly excellent. I had ridden probably 75 miles in serious rain and motorway lorry spray before the tops of my legs got wet. My bike boots kept out whatever spray came their way. My French bike jacket was totally waterproof, but with all that rain of course the lorry spray was going to get in the cracks - wrists, neck, top of boots, and the cold was awful, for an old bloke.
Anyway I decided that the Sym is a lot better than another motorbike and from that point of view I'm happy with it. I still need to do a decent 300 mile ride one day in the good weather to see if it's a keeper. That will have to wait till spring.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

It was just appalling yesterday! You don't mention the wind - it was a howling gale here in the North East! I decided not to leave the house at all!

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

I had the heated grips fitted by the dealer when I bought the bike gas gas. They positioned the heater control on the left panel just below the handlebar. A bit awkward to operate with winter gloves. I haven't done any long rides yet mostly around 100- 140mls. I have been caught in the rain and like you carry spare gloves. I agree the lighting is very clear, important now in winter.