Peugeot contender for next year

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: Peugeot contender for next year

Post by StephenC »

Have to say, if the Django came with the Citystar's 200cc I would be sorely tempted
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Django fb page popular with few faults written about but one of the "advisors" owned/worked for 3X the importer & was very supportive.

As for the ludix can't remember which pizza chain used them but usually a sign of cheap to buy,easy to maintain & longevity . Now quite desirable (yes I have bid on a few)

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:09 pm Django fb page popular with few faults written about but one of the "advisors" owned/worked for 3X the importer & was very supportive.

As for the ludix can't remember which pizza chain used them but usually a sign of cheap to buy,easy to maintain & longevity . Now quite desirable (yes I have bid on a few)
Pretty sure Mottza had one way back too.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

StephenC wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:14 pm
Scootypuff snr wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:09 pm Django fb page popular with few faults written about but one of the "advisors" owned/worked for 3X the importer & was very supportive.

Pretty sure Mottza had one way back too.
He did, and Ginger Phil! they were all over at one time then almost completely disappeared overnight. Mrs Capitano's was as reliable as a stone doorstep as long as it was ridden regularly.

However, she wanted to switch to an e-bike instead of getting geared up to ride her Ludix so we sold it. I was quite impressed with the amount of attention it got.

The price it sold for was a welcome surprise, too! 8-)

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

I was really surprised how much you got for the Ludix. It was more than I paid for mine brand new in 2005.

Great little bike.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

capitano wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:07 amthey were all over at one time then almost completely disappeared overnight.
Funny that!

As I've said before I don't doubt that some of them actually worked, it's just that pretty much none of the ones I've seen, ridden (owned) or worked on did, and if they did it wasn't for more that five minutes. So, with experiences like mine you'll have to excuse me for recommending repeatedly slamming your head in a door rather than buying a Peugeot. ATEOTD it's won't be me that's throwing good money at one, best of luck to anyone that does!

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Jaz wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:35 pm
capitano wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:07 amthey were all over at one time then almost completely disappeared overnight.
Funny that!
I think it was more fashion than anything else that dampened their popularity. The Honda X8RS scooters used to swarm around my locality at the same time, and they disappeared overnight, too. So did shell suits, but much earlier! :lol:

Lots of tatty Peugeot Speedfights and Piaggio NRGs still around, though. 8-)

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

Saw a Satelis RS on the commute this morning. Amazingly, it was actually moving under its own power and did not appear to be shedding any parts as it moved down the road.

Perhaps my running 5 Pugs sequentially over a total of 120,000 miles without much bother wasn't just a sort of one-off, then?

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

Jaz wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:35 pm
Funny that!

As I've said before I don't doubt that some of them actually worked, it's just that pretty much none of the ones I've seen, ridden (owned) or worked on did, and if they did it wasn't for more that five minutes. So, with experiences like mine you'll have to excuse me for recommending repeatedly slamming your head in a door rather than buying a Peugeot. ATEOTD it's won't be me that's throwing good money at one, best of luck to anyone that does!
Well I did,but its my money not yours and I have been round many years,and I have got it wrong in the past .
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

Just got in[about 20 mins] did it rain getting back,but the little tweet did its job all I ask
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.