new bike advise

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Re: new bike advise

Post by phantom309 »

kayz1 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:55 am Pop around for a go on my X-ADV with my foot pegs, see how they fit..only down the A55 at Holywell would make a nice ride..
That would be great . been ages since we had a meet up.. think last time was ether raven cafe or when you serviced my sym gts ...lol
the feet pegs do look good... plus add more range for you to move around to get comfy again...hows the seat over distance ? 100/200 mile days out ?
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:16 am Well, consider both the X-ADV and Integra (if you like the engine/DCT), unless you really need the X-ADV's off road pretensions. I found the X-ADV riding position quite natural, but its TALL.
I'm not entirely sure what you are actually looking for in your new bike/scoot. My answer is always to buy a Tmax!!! But I can't really tell from your post whether it would suit or not.
iv'e had the mk1 t-max. an loved it . but after sitting on the new ones . i can't reach the floor. lol. an as for the integra it's down to looks . i prefer the off road style look..

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

phantom309 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:41 am

iv'e had the mk1 t-max. an loved it . but after sitting on the new ones . i can't reach the floor. lol. an as for the integra it's down to looks . i prefer the off road style look..
Well, if you can't reach the floor on the new Tmax, you certainly won't on the X-ADV! When I test rode it, when I stopped at lights I remember that I seemed to have to lower my foot a very long way before I reached the ground. The snag with the new Tmaxs is that the tunnel is wide and high - the seat itself is basically the same height from the floor as before.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

I had no problem as standard but i could only get my toes down. I put Lust Racing 30mm low dog bones on mine and all is OK, i did not bother dropping the forks through the yolks as i did the sums and it was only some thing like 6.8mm so did not bother and all is ok.

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

******How about experimenting with dog legs on your NC or custom shock/ bar risers********

Will you just pack it in with the sales talk about custom fixes....can't you see the guy needs
a new Bike :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

you need an SH 300 Andy!! 8-)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

kayz1 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:22 am ******How about experimenting with dog legs on your NC or custom shock/ bar risers********

Will you just pack it in with the sales talk about custom fixes....can't you see the guy needs
a new Bike :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
at last someone on my level...lol :shock:

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

icon_thumbs_up.gif icon_power-ranger.gif

phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

well had a test ride yesterday. an i'm in love ...lol what a nice bike to ride , the XADV will be my next ride ...why can't other bikes be that comfy.it was just as if i was on a scooter/ cruiser. so comfy an relaxed riding position.. 1 hr ride an no numb bum . got back on mine an 45 mins later the start of numb bum syndrome....i know the looks are a bit marmite. but i like it. as it's differant , an can't say iv'e even seen one on the road yet..

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

As said pop around one day to try mine with the ars end down a tad.