new bike advise

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

new bike advise

Post by phantom309 »

currently running an NC750X . love the bike , but my knee's are not as keen again.(mixture of old age an too many years riding in all weathers). so considering ether X-ADV as you can move your feet into more positions like a scooter . i did test an Africa twin adventure sport friday . it was so nice .comfy, right feet placement everything . An tall i tried the low seat and - well the comfort was gone - so it looks like a test ride on the X-adv is on the cards.. so point of this is ... what are they like to live with.. engine i know . but comfort front an back... plus i know you can get the foot peg mounts made up . as even they look like a better knee bend than my NC. i would even consider another 650 burger if it weren't for the service costs...my honda is half the cost . even the big africa twin is £300 less for a full monty service.
oh an needs to be auto as my clutch hand is not as strong any more.. the burger 400 i had beginning of the year just didn't float my boat ,, after a 750 engine . i missed the power too must , but think the NC750X in it self was possibly wrong choice for my knee's . plus SHMBO has said the seat is too hard ..
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Re: new bike advise

Post by XP500FUN »

I`ve got the same old biker parts to contend with.

Possibly not your thing but I`d recommend a Silverwing 600, have you had one before.

No so far away power wise, a breeze to get on and off for your knes and great feet down etc.

Soft and comfy low seat , but a few more bumps from the road than an NC750X.

No pressure on the hips or knees with feet forward.

I`m well buggered but did 6 hours riding on mine yestrday and got off with no aches etc, didn`t even get a numb bum while out for the 6 1/4 hours.

Only stopped for some petrol.

Cheaper to sericve etc.

I`d probably be off the road if I hadn`t bought a Silverwing.

Shame they don`t put the NC750 set up in a proper scooter tpye package.

Hope you can find something that sorts you out.

Best Mark.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

XP500FUN wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:16 am Shame they don`t put the NC750 set up in a proper scooter tpye package.
Like the Integra?
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

I don`t think my hips or knees could handle an Integra after owning a Silverwing.

Theres a lot of Integra where I put my foot through.

Best Mark.

phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

XP500FUN wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:16 am I`ve got the same old biker parts to contend with.

Possibly not your thing but I`d recommend a Silverwing 600, have you had one before.
yeah iv'e had a silverwing. an for me . it wasn't really right . really heavy, soggy suspension , not sure why they never gave the uk the new shape, it's been out for years now an yet we only got the 2007 old stock till they finally ran out of them... :?: they even do a 400 , which we don't get ether.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Pop around for a go on my X-ADV with my foot pegs, see how they fit..only down the A55 at Holywell would make a nice ride..can't get out today as i am putting up yet another bloody garden shed for Pat. Yesterday was the weather protection coat today the fitting :( and just look at the weather today.
Lyn.

Edit: weather and all that i could get out tomorrow or AN-other day in the week.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

phantom309

if your near to Essex your welcome to try the both silver wing & X-ADV.

You need cruiser riding position but tough to find in auto.

X-ADV SWMBO will find pillion uncomfortable (mine does) and in grotty weather won't appreciate back covered in road crud. For me the wide bars are great but can make my shoulders ache as I'm leaning slightly forward.

Silver wing for me good for 600 mile days but taller folk find the back stop annoying.

best all comfort bike from my list was the old style burgman 400 (not tried new one) & was lighter than the 650 but lacked it's top end speed.

How about shopping around see if you can find an aprillia mana,or Honda dn01.

Honda vultus has the back rest (believe auto) or the new base model goldwing may have DCT (£30k a bit sterp for top model IMHO)

Food for thought, as test rides OK but a weekend living with the machines always better

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

try the new Forza 300 or Sym vespa GTS but reading your post and replies you want A2 40/50bhp .

How about experimenting with dog legs on your NC or custom shock/ bar risers

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Well, consider both the X-ADV and Integra (if you like the engine/DCT), unless you really need the X-ADV's off road pretensions. I found the X-ADV riding position quite natural, but its TALL.
I'm not entirely sure what you are actually looking for in your new bike/scoot. My answer is always to buy a Tmax!!! But I can't really tell from your post whether it would suit or not.

phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:10 am try the new Forza 300 or Sym vespa GTS but reading your post and replies you want A2 40/50bhp .

How about experimenting with dog legs on your NC or custom shock/ bar risers
the new forza 300 looks nice . iv'e had the previous shape , it was a perfect ride. just lacked power.
as for bar risers i have them.. it's the other end that's more the problem . my knee's , the seat is ok it's better than my last one that was rock hard. but the pillion seat for SHMBO is hard . numb bums after less than hr ... personally even though my adrenalin mode :twisted: says africa twin. i'm edging towards X-ADV.. for it's leg room.with still being able to reach the floor , which is where the A/T let's itself down.. i can always get her ladyship a gel pad... :kiss: