One Two Wheeler That Does Everything - Impossible! - X-ADV disappoints

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Scootypuff snr

Re: One Two Wheeler That Does Everything - Impossible! - X-ADV disappoints

Post by Scootypuff snr »

MrGrumpy wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:32 am
charles1976 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:46 am Snap...I'd consider a 1 year old one down the line...
That assumes that they've actually sold any in that year!
there will be one demo bike for folk to overpay on :lol:

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

Well I duly got my demo ride on the AK550 and reported in more detail on the "Test Ride" thread. This machine does meet my original criteria for a hybrid offering the best of both worlds in most respects. Its not excessively heavy or bulky and to the uninitiated would look like any other scooter. But it has big wheels and a proper swing arm yet without a messy or snatchy chain final drive. The power train is not part of the unsprung weight. Top quality brakes and a 50HP ( claimed) engine. Seriously trying to buy one now - watch this space. By the way if you are looking for a bargain I suspect there will be a few ex-demo machines hitting the market quite soon.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

roadster wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:55 pm Well I duly got my demo ride on the AK550 and reported in more detail on the "Test Ride" thread. This machine does meet my original criteria for a hybrid offering the best of both worlds in most respects. Its not excessively heavy or bulky and to the uninitiated would look like any other scooter. But it has big wheels and a proper swing arm yet without a messy or snatchy chain final drive. The power train is not part of the unsprung weight. Top quality brakes and a 50HP ( claimed) engine. Seriously trying to buy one now - watch this space. By the way if you are looking for a bargain I suspect there will be a few ex-demo machines hitting the market quite soon.
Well I can see you're taken with the AK550.. :D
SEAT MO

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Visordown's long term views of the X-ADV. He seems to like it, but somehow I don't think he loves it....

https://www.visordown.com/road-tests/lo ... -scooter-0

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

Well I think the crossrunner is the bike that really is as close as it gets to doing everything,just a shame there was no dct version .

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Ferret wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:21 pm Well I think the crossrunner is the bike that really is as close as it gets to doing everything,just a shame there was no dct version .
A DCT version would be nice, though the infamous very expensive VTEC valve clearance checking service would put me off!

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

Grumpy m8 , I weighed all that up before purchase and got a deal for 400 quid which included the valve service and 1 normal service which is great . These engines are bomb proof and have evolved into a very smooth machine you can virtually ride as an auto and if you fit the blipper it's even better . Oh and mpg has really surprised me but I'm sure that when you push on the 55mpg average will be more of the norm .

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Ferret wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:46 pm Grumpy m8 , I weighed all that up before purchase and got a deal for 400 quid which included the valve service and 1 normal service which is great .
Sounds very good - I seem to recall prices of £500 for the valve service alone being bandied around!

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

I seem to recall.the fireblade service being over a grand as it was a total strip for valve clearances but those who love the blade (& many do) feel its worth it

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:30 pm I seem to recall.the fireblade service being over a grand as it was a total strip for valve clearances but those who love the blade (& many do) feel its worth it
I have a mate with a Ducati Diavel. If he was charged just over a grand for any service, he'd be cock-a-hoop! :lol: £1500-£2000 so far for the first three ones after the 600 mile first one.

My mate with a Rocket 3 won't even tell me how much a service costs because it's too embarrassing. :lol: