2018 Kymco AK550 v TMAX | ROAD TEST

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Re: 2018 Kymco AK550 v TMAX | ROAD TEST

Post by capitano »

horobags wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:10 am I saw one at J+S Northwich last sunday, its a big luxury scooter all right. I was impressed. The only concern for me is Kymco in the UK arn't as poular as Jap scoots, I'm sure they are as good, but parts /re sale value would put me off buying one.
Lack of main dealer support would put me off ... in fact it has!

I've ridden a Kymco all over Rhodes, and it was superb.

I rode Steve Cooper's multi-Ironbutt Downtown 300 a year or so back. It was a fantastic scooter but no way would I buy one with the lack of support around. Steve is lucky enough to have one of the few Kymco main dealers on his doorstep. Not many of us can say that, unfortunately. :(

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Re: 2018 Kymco AK550 v TMAX | ROAD TEST

Post by roadster »

capitano wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:48 am
Lack of main dealer support would put me off ... in fact it has!

I've ridden a Kymco all over Rhodes, and it was superb.

I rode Steve Cooper's multi-Ironbutt Downtown 300 a year or so back. It was a fantastic scooter but no way would I buy one with the lack of support around. Steve is lucky enough to have one of the few Kymco main dealers on his doorstep. Not many of us can say that, unfortunately. :(
I've chatted to several of the shops in my area about lack of availability of the bigger scooters, Kymco, Sym, Peugeot, Piaggio etc. and it comes down to their perception of the demand plus the fact that, whereas the likes of Honda and Suzuki operate from massive showrooms, the franchise holders for the lesser makes have no floor space for their best sellers let alone the more expensive models. As for after sales service I am going out on a limb in saying that I think the local Kymco dealer would act in good faith if I needed warranty support, but as I prefer to do my own servicing and maintenance etc. I don't expect to revisit the dealer until I want to buy the next machine that takes my fancy. Sounds like I'm a hostage to fortune now!
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...