Touring EU on 200 Cc or less

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 7077

Touring EU on 200 Cc or less

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Anyone do it done it want to do it done it and camped .This century not after national service lol

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: Touring EU on 200 Cc or less

Post by horobags »

In june five lads from the c-90 club rode from the Ferry at Calais through France, Spain and got a ferry over to Corsica for a weeks touring, mostly on 125's.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Deleted User 7077

They are hardcore

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

horobags wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:38 pm In june five lads from the c-90 club rode from the Ferry at Calais through France, Spain and got a ferry over to Corsica for a weeks touring, mostly on 125's.
I think JJ, Bogger and Black Country Pete have done a few of these trips on nineties, eastern Europe a few years ago IIRC.

And, yes, those dudes are hardcore :D

Deleted User 7077

Not sure could do daily hours they must do to cover the miles.

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

I would do it on an Swing125, a scooter I found very comfortable, the new Forza 125 would be even better, a good fuel range and electric screen gets my vote over the new Forza 300 which they share the same chassis.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

I did 10 days on a VanVan in the mountains of Euroland, Austria and swizaland....you do need?have to put your head into the right gear thou.
VanVan was good for 60 flat out down hill wind behind you....so think of 40MPH and you can work out your days run...
VanVan had full camping gear on board as well, but we did three nights hotel as well.
Lyn.
PS: but i was not almost 70 then..

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Done Europe/UK many times on small cc bikes. Got furthest travelled Suzuki owners club,did all of West coast of Scotland
As Lyn many trips on van vans, last trip was on my address 110cc heading to St Tropez but had to abandon it as weather was foul, sat nav broke so went to peage & got stopped 3 times by police due to bike size/major routes.
With small bikes use back roads, avoid big hills you'll never exceed 40mph,carry a spare fuel can. Keep distances sensible.

Toecutter did 3500 miles on a VV 125cc Spain to Croatia and back. By own admission went wrong way round from sunshine to snow suffering a white out in Croatia. Said wouldnt do that far again)

Im more than happy to do it again.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

I have to do another soon, it will be to late sooner than i think thou...So has to be soon-ish...so do i wait for the new Cub to come here or go sooner!
The hardest part of a long trip on a small engined bike is the UK side, roads sh1t, distances seem longer some how :lol: and the weather will most likely
be crap :D Also you have to make a trip like that an adventure from start to finish,, other wise it is just another bike trip...

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

I'm thinking about taking my new PCX from Scotland to the south of Germany. I can do quite a bit of the initial 180 miles on A roads, then the ferry to Holland, but the problem comes from getting through the Netherlands motorway system before being able to get off the beaten track. Comfort is my main concern but I've done it on bikes several times and it's not really that far.