Touring EU on 200 Cc or less

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Re: Touring EU on 200 Cc or less

Post by rayb »

Is your van capable of stowing an SH300? Always worth knowing if were to get stranded. :)

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

No problem Ray I have a scoot trailer carries 250 kg if seats were out get one inside as well .I took my old 400 burg man to Pie n mash meet once in my old van about 4 years ago .

Deleted User 7077

Wish I'd have had fish n chips tho

Bombus Terrestris
Current Ride: Forza 300-Pcx125-Liberty125D

Post by Bombus Terrestris »

So is there a conclusion, or consensus on smaller bikes? I have been looking at the new Forza 125, its comfortable to sit on, and has loads of goodies. But would it be ok for touring UK loaded with lots of camping gear? Or will this sort of use wear it out prematurely.B

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Bombus Terrestris wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:53 am So is there a conclusion, or consensus on smaller bikes? I have been looking at the new Forza 125, its comfortable to sit on, and has loads of goodies. But would it be ok for touring UK loaded with lots of camping gear? Or will this sort of use wear it out prematurely.B
I'd say that depended on how you rode it. Pottering along the country lanes at 40-50 fine, trying to keep up with the bigger bikes on the fast roads, a different story.

Deleted User 7077

I've never held throttle wide open for long periods on my 200 going to give it a go and a motor way run see how it goes.

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Post by Alanzzg »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:16 am
Alanzzg wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:35 am
He probably end up going in a Transit van :P

Another trip to Dorset in the van tomorrow van meet with Mike talk about the good old days .
Say hi to Mike for me .
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

rayb wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:59 am
Bombus Terrestris wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:53 am So is there a conclusion, or consensus on smaller bikes? I have been looking at the new Forza 125, its comfortable to sit on, and has loads of goodies. But would it be ok for touring UK loaded with lots of camping gear? Or will this sort of use wear it out prematurely.B
I'd say that depended on how you rode it. Pottering along the country lanes at 40-50 fine, trying to keep up with the bigger bikes on the fast roads, a different story.
totally agree with rayb.
From extensive touring on van vans if your in a group of like minded riders it works a treat. Wring it's neck at prolonged open throttle and you will wear the single piston as it slogs it's heart out (literally) and will consume oil which has to be watched.

That said I rode from Scotland SOC do to Chelmsford Essex in 10 hours covering 444 miles with no I'll effects (other than deaf from the devil exhaust)

Horses for courses. I get more out of small CC tours as I take more in, cover smaller roads stop to relax. Big bike usually means big miles

Deleted User 7077

Have you still got a small Cc bike or scooter ?

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:48 am Have you still got a small Cc bike or scooter ?
After vowing no more small bikes (less than 300cc) sold my address 110cc last year.

I only abandoned my trip to St Tropez HOG rally (above bike) because weather was foul & broke my twat nav so used major roads and got stopped by popo 3x.
Wanted too go as had a bet on as to me getting beaten up within 20 minutes of arriving especially after I bought a parka especially for the occasion

Replaced it with my original address 125cc last month.

http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/forum/vie ... 52&t=21729

Still regret selling my last RV125 & still search to see if it's for sale (Ive owned 5 or 6 now).

Enjoyed the Muppets in Malta tour so much I had to get another underbone