Bargain for someone

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Bargain for someone

Post by smeghead »

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 500&page=1

£600! not a bad buy really at £600.

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Re: Bargain for someone

Post by rayb »

It's got the seller's address as 75miles from DN6. That's really useful information!

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

rayb wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:09 am It's got the seller's address as 75miles from DN6. That's really useful information!
If you key in your own postcode the website informs you that the bike is in Stockton on tees - whether it’s worth six hundred squid is another matter

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Hmmm...my turn to be a miserable git...if they gave me £600 to take it, I still wouldn't have it!

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Symcity wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:19 am
rayb wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:09 am It's got the seller's address as 75miles from DN6. That's really useful information!
If you key in your own postcode the website informs you that the bike is in Stockton on tees - whether it’s worth six hundred squid is another matter
Thanks, that's 75 miles in the wrong direction.

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

May be OK as a cheap 'pass your test' bike but not as a serious buy. I'm not convinced about the quality of Chinese bikes.

gasgas
Current Ride: Sym 300i

Post by gasgas »

Says he, riding a Maxsym 600! :P
I have a CruiSym 300, partly on the basis that they come with a 5 year warranty which in theory says they are confident of the build quality, and partly because some of us are old enough to remember the late '60s when we all thought that Jap bikes were crap. So we ought to reserve judgement until they fall to bits. I am hopeful that Chinese bikes (i.e. mine!) will turn out to be made reasonably well. The Kawasaki dealer that I got mine from said the Sym is better made than the Kawasakis. I have dismantled mine to Waxoyl the exposed steel parts and I must say I am impressed with the build quality that is visible, certainly the electrical connections are far and away superior to the Kawasaki Versys I had form new. The whole wiring loom rusted away in 18 months and the dealer had to strip the bike and replace the loom and voltage regulator. In any case a lot of 'Jap' bikes are made in China, Triumphs are made in Turkey, Nissans and various other small cars are made in India.