I think electric is now in sight

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Bern

Re: I think electric is now in sight

Post by Bern »

I reckon it's all part of an elaborate experiment to see if loud pipes actually do save lives ;) :lol:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Bern wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:53 am I reckon it's all part of an elaborate experiment to see if loud pipes actually do save lives ;) :lol:
Don't mention loud pipes! Currently down in Essex and am being driven mad by local bikers with deafening pipes! Stupid wankers on Harleys with exhausts that sound like machine guns and sportsbike tossers with full race exhausts howling round the streets at 4AM! Far from saving lives, they are putting themselves in danger as I'm SO tempted to get in the car and knock them off!!!!! :evil:

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

:?: No we aren't. We are ahead of targets.

The progress of renewables in electricity generation has been very successful. Floating wind farms are going to feature heavily, as are tide turbines. Some estimates reckon that if the progress of these technologies meet targets, we won't even need the new Hinkley Point nuclear generator, let alone rely on anything coal or oil powered by 2025.
[/quote]

icon_th_rofl.gif icon_th_rofl.gif icon_th_rofl.gif icon_th_rofl.gif icon_th_rofl.gif

Bern

Post by Bern »

MrGrumpy wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:25 am
Bern wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:53 am I reckon it's all part of an elaborate experiment to see if loud pipes actually do save lives ;) :lol:
Don't mention loud pipes! Currently down in Essex and am being driven mad by local bikers with deafening pipes! Stupid wankers on Harleys with exhausts that sound like machine guns and sportsbike tossers with full race exhausts howling round the streets at 4AM! Far from saving lives, they are putting themselves in danger as I'm SO tempted to get in the car and knock them off!!!!! :evil:

Seems an equitable solution to me bud icon_wink-.gif

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

MrGrumpy wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:25 am
Shout out and I'll treat you to coffee

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

It's massively long winded to quote individual articles and facts to back up what I claimed above.

However, read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_in ... ed_Kingdom

plus:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable ... ed_Kingdom

... and they give a general picture of where we are.

The illustrative except from the first link is this:

"The total of all renewable electricity sources provided for 14.9% of the electricity generated in the United Kingdom in 2013,[63] reaching 53.7 TWh of electricity generated.

In June 2017 renewables plus nuclear generated more UK power than gas and coal together for the first time. In 2017 new offshore wind power became cheaper than new nuclear power for the first time.
[
"

It shows how far things progressed in just 4 years.

This BBC article sums it up neatly. We're still reliant on gas, but renewables are increasing year-on-year as a major source of energy:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42495883

Remember, our target was 30% of energy produced by renewables by 2020, and take a look at the graph below. I said we were ahead of targets. In essence, we were actually a hair's breadth off the 2020 target a full 3 years in advance.I'd call that, "ahead of target." 8-)

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

I hear Agent Orange (The Trump idiot) has ordered a Tesla 🤭🤣🤣🤣

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

This is about were your electric is coming from.
http://gridwatch.co.uk/
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

40 mile range at 70mph is a bit poo though innit?

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

StephenC wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:12 am So here we have a 21hp, 100 mile range, 70mph+ capable bike by Zero for £8995.

Seriously, if it had storage it could be my next purchase. By the time my finance on the Xmax is done in 2 year's time, I reckon there will be a viable electric option for me. Can't wait!

https://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-ne ... motorcycle

OK say you get your electric scooter WTF are you going to do to tinker & fettle it dye the durecell battery rabbits fur.