I think electric is now in sight

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Aaron
Current Ride: Yamaha Tmax Tech Max 2022

Re: I think electric is now in sight

Post by Aaron »

See the new production Harley Electric Motorbike has made an appearance https://www.bikesales.com.au/editorial/ ... ut-114453/

Not a bad looking Harley. I wonder if all the bikie gangs will sit at the traffic lights and have to make their own broom broom broom noises with their mouths, as their bikes will be silent.

I think Ill be riding my petrol Tmax for many years to come. Which makes me think, I might frighten bikie gangs if I pull up at traffic lights next to them, with my "loud" stock standard Tmax rock-on.gif

Aaron

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

Some companies make outrageous claims, some don’t tell you the figure “max range” rather than “useable range” and you would be doing the last 10 miles at 5 mph.

Zero, probably the best bike company, made a point from the start of being honest and even under-claiming.

I think the new companies are doing better than the established traditional companies.

I think it will be like the camera market was when digital came along. For a long while digital couldn’t really compete with film. Eventually the new-comer companies (Panasonic, Sony etc) with the tech took ground from the traditional makers.
The trad. companies ended up having to do deals with the newcomers to stay in the game.
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Aaron wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:31 pmI think Ill be riding my petrol Tmax for many years to come. Which makes me think, I might frighten bikie gangs if I pull up at traffic lights next to them, with my "loud" stock standard Tmax rock-on.gif

Aaron
Yes, you'll deafen them right up until they leave you behind in the dust when the lights change!
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

I know a chap with a 2017 Prius and he loves it, but it of course has a petrol engine in there too.

No conking out all over the place, and a 300 mile journey etc is fine, just go.

I think he can rely on about 30 miles electric wise round here.

You need power generated in house, or in the vehicle or its never going to be properly efficent.

So much electric is lost between the power station and the plug and batteries are never going to cut it properly. Or be eco friendly themselves.

There will be quite a lot of really good stuff felted away in dark cupboards to not rock the boat too much like the 100MPH 100 mpg 2 stroke 350 cc motor.

Best mark.

Interesting site.

https://www.zelectricvehicle.com/

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

XP500FUN wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:12 am I know a chap with a 2017 Prius and he loves it, but it of course has a petrol engine in there too.

No conking out all over the place, and a 300 mile journey etc is fine, just go.

I think he can rely on about 30 miles electric wise round here.

You need power generated in house, or in the vehicle or its never going to be properly efficent.

So much electric is lost between the power station and the plug and batteries are never going to cut it properly. Or be eco friendly themselves.

There will be quite a lot of really good stuff felted away in dark cupboards to not rock the boat too much like the 100MPH 100 mpg 2 stroke 350 cc motor.

Best mark.
I need to know more about this two stroke!

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Well it was apparently a novel new design, snapped up and popped quietly out of the way, or so I was told.

Best Mark.

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Cheers

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

WOuldn't mind one of those ZEV's, theyr'e a bit cagy on prices though, shame.

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Bern

Post by Bern »

XP500FUN wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:19 am Well it was apparently a novel new design, snapped up and popped quietly out of the way, or so I was told.

Best Mark.
Was that by the same person that could guarentee 65mpg out of old model SilverWings bud ? Several peeps are still waiting to know how he did that :?

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

Jimo wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:47 am WOuldn't mind one of those ZEV's, theyr'e a bit cagy on prices though, shame.

Jim
I would be very cautious about ZEV.
They have a dodgy reputation, dubious claims and the company owner, Darus Zehrbach was convicted of fraud over taking money for amazing aircraft kit engines that never existed.

Your money to do as you wish and none of my business but my advice is do your homework and some background digging on that one - and I wouldn’t be happy if I didn’t voice concern to a fellow muppet.
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1