Strange Sound during Test ON in my Maxsym 600i ABS

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
lavila85
Current Ride: MAXSYM 600i Sport

Strange Sound during Test ON in my Maxsym 600i ABS

Post by lavila85 »

Hello guys, anyone can tell me why my motorcycle have this sound when switched on? "test on"... It seems strange to me because before did not have this sound.
In my case I have a MaxSym 600i ABS Sport.

Thanks for your comments.

Scootypuff snr

Re: Strange Sound during Test ON in my Maxsym 600i ABS

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Sorry lavila but I can't actually hear anything untoward but maybe because it's half 5 in the morning & I'm trying not to wake the OH.

Do love a white scoot though & following road runner on his maxsym I think the rear lights look great

fullcirclemax
Current Ride: Integra

Post by fullcirclemax »

lavila85 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:14 pm Hello guys, anyone can tell me why my motorcycle have this sound when switched on? "test on"... It seems strange to me because before did not have this sound.
In my case I have a MaxSym 600i ABS Sport.

Thanks for your comments.

If i forget to put ear-plugs in i can imagine all sorts, am sure when riding faster, a lot of noise is taken away in the airstream. The big thing is probably your location, sound is going to echo, try it out in the open.

bugsy
Current Ride: Honda 750x dct

Post by bugsy »

Hi,

Not a Maxsym owner but listening to your video can’t say I hear much wrong. If there is any change in the engine note it is usually exhaust related. Let it tick over and lay alongside carefully feeling for any exhaust leak, blow around the gasket area. Do this in an open area. Only ever found one leak on a bike which was soon resolved. Best of luck.

Bugsy

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Exactly which sound are you worried about? I can't hear anything that sounds at all unusual or worrying.

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

My MaxSYM 600i sounds exactly the same as the 400i shown in the video. I personally think that there is nothing to worry about.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

Bern

Post by Bern »

Sounds identical to the 3 maxsym 600's that I've heard

lavila85

Post by lavila85 »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:27 am Sorry lavila but I can't actually hear anything untoward but maybe because it's half 5 in the morning & I'm trying not to wake the OH.

Do love a white scoot though & following road runner on his maxsym I think the rear lights look great
:lol: Thanks for your coments ... Maybe the video it not ear but the curious is that before not listened this.

lavila85

Post by lavila85 »

Bern wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:44 am Sounds identical to the 3 maxsym 600's that I've heard
Thanks for your comments. well this is strange for me because was yesterday the first time that ear this. And the curious is this morning it did't return this sound.

lavila85

Post by lavila85 »

bugsy wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:32 am Hi,

Not a Maxsym owner but listening to your video can’t say I hear much wrong. If there is any change in the engine note it is usually exhaust related. Let it tick over and lay alongside carefully feeling for any exhaust leak, blow around the gasket area. Do this in an open area. Only ever found one leak on a bike which was soon resolved. Best of luck.

Bugsy
Thanks Bugsy,
Not, this sound seems like the computer when switched on and that takes 5 seconds. But i don´t know because it not is always sound this.