New Honda Forza accessories

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Mayprop

New Honda Forza accessories

Post by Mayprop »

Picking up a new Honda Forza at the weekend, and was wondering if anyone had any info on accessories for it.
Can't find anything apart from a top box that can be linked to the remote.
My dealer P & H in Crawley can't seem to find anything, and are frustrated that Honda release a new bike without any info on accessories, wouldn't be so bad if the old Forza racks and boxes fitted, but they don't.
Mike

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Re: New Honda Forza accessories

Post by SH125Paul »

Strange - Honda usually do a mini brochure or pdf of model specific / general accessories...

#1 on my list would be Tucano Urbano Grip Covers / Handle Bar Muffs...

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

I collect my new Forza 300 on Friday. It's coming with heated grips but I can't think of anything else extra that I'll need for a while. I've got some Tucano Urbano Panta-Fast and a Shad tunnel bag on order and that's about it.

Bern

Post by Bern »

Presumably 300 ? If so, apparently ....

4. Accessories

A range of Genuine Honda Accessories are available for the Forza 300. They include:

45-litre Smart top box

Rear carrier rack (direct fitment)

Inner bags

Heated grips

Alarm

Taken from ... https://hondanews.eu/eu/lv/motorcycles/ ... -forza-300

Click See Full Release & scroll down

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

I also meant to say that the dealer has fitted a Datatool Trakking Adventure as part of the Honda promotion although I have to pay roughly £9 per month subscription. It's actually live now and visible on my phone.

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

If prepared to buy stuff from Thailand you can get everything you could ask for, bling wheels, ohlins suspension, carbon bits, brembo brakes the lot!
Dezzie

Mayprop

Post by Mayprop »

All I would be interested in is the rack and top box, but can't find any details let alone price, which is likely to be pricey, but I'm sure Givi and others will be developing a system for it, so may have to wait until next year before the Honda bits start to flow through.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Argyll wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:55 am I also meant to say that the dealer has fitted a Datatool Trakking Adventure as part of the Honda promotion although I have to pay roughly £9 per month subscription. It's actually live now and visible on my phone.
Good point raised here - this is a complimentary gps datatool tracker fitted with every new Honda bike purchased from 2nd July at participating Honda dealers - normally costs £229.00 plus installation

Normsthename
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield Classic 350

Post by Normsthename »

Picking up a new Honda Forza at the weekend
I collect my new Forza 300 on Friday
We need a full report and pictures! :)
Not seen one in the flesh yet.
Went to Grantham Honda at the weekend and they didn’t have any in yet :(

Andy
2024 Royal Enfield Classic 350
1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing
2016 Microcar MGO3 - 4 wheeled Scooter with a roof :D

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Meldrew wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:45 pm
bikerdezzie wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:41 pm If prepared to buy stuff from Thailand you can get everything you could ask for, bling wheels, ohlins suspension, carbon bits, brembo brakes the lot!
I think you're missing the point dezzie, Why would you waste money importing unnecessary and expensive stuff like that for the already comprehensively equipped Forza? For example as it has Nissin brakes as OE, who'd import and fit a Brembo brake set up it doesn't need. Plus a lot of new owners will have bought the Forza on a 3 year Personal Contract Plan with the intention of handing it back to the dealer at the end of the plan with a pre-arranged sum towards or a new bike or scooter. Handing it back blinged up like a tart's handbag when they're expecting it to be more or less standard won't add value to the scooter, or do you or the dealership any favours.

All the Forza 300 lacks straight out the showroom is the neat rear hugger that the smaller Forza 125 has fitted. So far Givi hasn't any accessories for the 300 Forza, maybe they're already in the development stage, and as it's actually a 2019 model they'll be available for it then. Usually an owner will change the OE screen to a Givi or similar, and fit a Givi rack so they can use the Monolock or Monokey top box they already had, anything else comes later.

A new Forza owner that already has a large capacity Givi, Kappa or sImilar top box might be reluctant to shell out for the Honda rear rack and smaller colour matched 45 litre top box that Honda would like you to purchase, simply because it locks with the Forza's Smart Key.

Shad has a rear plate and carrier out for it, although it requires a bit of drilling to the rear Tupperware similar to the rear rack fitment for earlier Suzuki 650 Burgman scooters that didn't have a backrest fitted.
He asked for parts and accessories, all i have done is give him another place to look, its not all tarts handbag stuff so dont shoot the messenger.
Dezzie