T Max Mk1 - Why not?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Re: T Max Mk1 - Why not?

Post by capitano »

Pukmeister wrote: โ†‘Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:01 am Tmax is an awesome little machine. Get one, whichever suits your budget. Mk3 is my advice.
It's not my budget. It's my health.

I know I can sit without harming myself on a Mk1 T Max, and thanks to advice on here, that applies to a MK2 too.

The MK3 sounds like a totally different bike with completely different ergonomics. I'd have to sit on one but it leans towards it not being suitable for my needs, better bike generally or not.

If one appears locally I'll attempt to have a sit on it, though, just to check. :)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

The mk3 is different, though its still a Tmax. The mk3 may not suit people with longer legs, as they seem to have brought the rider forward a little, and the bars seem lower.

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

MrGrumpy wrote: โ†‘Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:14 am The mk3 is different, though its still a Tmax. The mk3 may not suit people with longer legs, as they seem to have brought the rider forward a little, and the bars seem lower.
The main thing with me is that I now can't put weight on my perineum area as that directly impacts on my f***ed prostate gland.

The dimensions for the T Max 2009-2011 are on cycle-ergo, and putting in my height and inseam doesn't definitively tell me eiher way whether it would be suitable or not. I'd have to sit on one.

The main point of the thread though, was that I know I can sit on a Mk1 (and Mk2) T Max now without harming myself, but whether I should, for whatever reason.

It's been useful in that respect. 8-)

Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

T Max Mk1 - Why not?

Post by Pukmeister »

Where do you live Capitano ??

If you are close enough to me (South Coast near to Portsmouth/Southampton) I would be happy to bring my 2011 Mk3 over for you to try out.

What about using an air hawk cushion to ease pressure, I use one on my BMW Tourer to ease pressure on my coccyx on long trips, they are very effective and are based on medical products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

Pukmeister wrote: โ†‘Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:07 pm Where do you live Capitano ??

If you are close enough to me (South Coast near to Portsmouth/Southampton) I would be happy to bring my 2011 Mk3 over for you to try out.

What about using an air hawk cushion to ease pressure, I use one on my BMW Tourer to ease pressure on my coccyx on long trips, they are very effective and are based on medical products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's very kind, thank you. I'm in Southwick, right on the border with Shoreham By Sea. Maybe we could meet up at somewhere like Emsworth for a coffee.

Yes, good point indeed. The air hawk is something I'm considering for sure, but more as a backstop. Also having a seat re-profiled may be an option if something comes close to working but not quite there. I'd rather find something I can ride without modification, but I'll keep the other options open.

There is an airhawk version that is recommended by riders with similar issues to me, so I may get one anyway post-surgery.

My present setup on my Cub is this, a piece of racing seat foam, cut to alleviate pressure, and stuck on with self adhesive backing. Not pretty, but it works! 8-)

Sadly, it doesn't work that way on my W800 so that is at idle for now while I return it to near-stock over the Winter to sell it in the Spring.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Ive used this guy several times, would highly recommend, and prices are very reasonable.
http://www.motorcycleseatworks.co.uk/mo ... -seatworks
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

horobags wrote: โ†‘Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:49 am Ive used this guy several times, would highly recommend, and prices are very reasonable.
http://www.motorcycleseatworks.co.uk/mo ... -seatworks

Thanks, much apreciated.

We also have an excellent set guru about 30 minutes from my house. He'll actually build the seat while you wait so you can try it and have it tweaked if need be.

I'll wait until after surgery to get anything like that underway if necessary. The Cub isn't that far off being acceptable anyway so the temporary pad will do for now. :)

Pukmeister
Benefactor

T Max Mk1 - Why not?

Post by Pukmeister »

Capitano, I will get in touch once I get back to UK at the weekend and sort something out, I'm currently in Thailand until Sunday.

My young Son has just started a music production degree in Brighton so I might pay you both a combined visit.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Pukmeister
Benefactor

Post by Pukmeister »

Well, the holiday is well and truly over and the jetlag has faded along with my suntan.

Capitano, drop me a PM if you are up for a meet and a spin on my Mk3.

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

Thanks muchly.

Unfortunately I have suffered a little setback.

In all probability, I will be waiting until after my surgery (for which I haven't received a date yet,) hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

๐Ÿ˜€