The first 6 months

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
phil4

The first 6 months

Post by phil4 »

Hi back in March my wife and I bought a new 650 burgman. In the middle of July we had done 4000 miles so had the service done and new Bridgestone sc2 tyres fitted. Two weeks later we headed for Nordkapp. Three weeks later we were back having covered 5585 miles. It was in the low 30,s some days only a days worth of rain over the trip. Considering the scoot was two up and loaded the tyres coped very well. Got back with about 500 to 800 miles left on them. A couple of days we did over 400 mile days,but with the scoots wind protection and ability to cruise no days were a problem. We even had to do 8kms of off roading because they had dug up part of the E45. That wasn't so good! It was a fantastic trip and one i have wanted to do for a long time. The weekend after we got back was the 7500 mile service and new tyres it was a bit overdue! Then the following weekend we went up to box hill and the scoot pasted the 10000 mile mark! My wife has been pillion for all but 50 of those miles so I think she is happy on the back. The big burgman is a very good touring machine ,no chain to think about ,and very easy and relaxing to ride big distances. It's the first Suzuki i have owned and very impressed so far.
Take care phil

Scootypuff snr

Re: The first 6 months

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Phil
glad to hear you've both bonded with the big burger.

The trip sounds awesome any pictures or advice for others thinking of doing the same.

Feel free to post up when your going to box hill, more than happy to ride down buy you coffee and hear more

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Wow you have both covered some miles already, sounds great.

Great to have a fellow partner to enjoy all of those with you too.

That bike is doing some seriously good work already.

Keep riding and enjoying.

Best Mark.

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:52 am Phil
glad to hear you've both bonded with the big burger.

The trip sounds awesome any pictures or advice for others thinking of doing the same.

Feel free to post up when your going to box hill, more than happy to ride down buy you coffee and hear more
And me to,even though my back is going to hurt. :idea:
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Bern

Post by Bern »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:52 am Feel free to post up when your going to box hill
Can't help but think of this whenever Box Hill is mentioned ........

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Saw Mr Dumpy in Windsor decades ago....thought he was entertainingly nuts!

Bern

Post by Bern »

MrGrumpy wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:39 am Saw Mr Dumpy in Windsor decades ago....thought he was entertainingly nuts!
Oh yes he's deffo all that on stage bud :shock: Away from the public view he's actually a really nice bloke to chatter with, he'll talk for ages about fishing, particularly about the 'science' & technology involved in carp fishing.